Factory leisure battery wiring help

Croca

Hi guys,
i recently purchased a 2017 transporter T6 which was a Vic Pol forensic services vehicle. I am trying to sort out the factory leisure battery setup. It would appear that the battery powered emergency lights and uhf radios ect. I am not sure what has been removed from the setup when the vehicle was taken out of service and sold. I have attached a photo of what is left under the passenger seat. It would appear that the negative lead is missing/ not connected, so the batter is not being charged.

Would be very thankful for any info on wiring diagrams or advice to get it working again.

4C214352-F9C0-4F98-A07D-9273A07B4E61.jpeg

F6B95321-FC98-4119-8E13-4FD9A51EF59F.jpeg

I also have just found that the brown wire coming from the positive clamp of the battery is bolted to the earth metal of the vehicle. If that sheds anymore light on the setup.
Thanks

8F9E8D31-782A-453C-B595-A059EE895A8C.jpeg

Brown is negative on VW, it needs moving over to the other battery post.
then you will find the 80a fuse next to the relay (100) is blown or the 100A fuse blown on the master fuses under the starter battery.

Before you do anything else I would get that brown wire off the positive terminal before you or someone else puts another to the negative otherwise you will be needing some smoke replacement.

smokeinajar.jpg

Thanks for the quick response:) is there any reason they would do that with the earth cable? Seems like everything else was done with a great deal of care and not just a quick strip out.

Doh!
What is it with these vans. I just picked up a T5 with the same setup. Battery removed along with the negative terminal. Positive left flapping around. Needless to say the 80 amp fuse was blown !

Thanks for the quick response:) is there any reason they would do that with the earth cable? Seems like everything else was done with a great deal of care and not just a quick strip out.
UK mains wiring uses brown for positive, someone got confused, or the apprentice did it.

I have checked the 80amp and other fuses and nothing seems blown. Could a fuse have been pulled at the other end to stop the charge coming through from the alternator? Thanks for the wiring diagram mmi !

I have checked the 80amp and other fuses and nothing seems blown. Could a fuse have been pulled at the other end to stop the charge coming through from the alternator? Thanks for the wiring diagram mmi !
upstream of the 80a fuse is the 100labeled relay then up to a 100a fuse in the ebox under the starter battery.
Fuse_Box_A.jpeg

Every thread like this, of which there are many, prove to me that those who don't have any knowledge of electricity should NEVER touch it.

Here are the basic rules for the apprentice.

1637274470124.png

There were other red supply cables on that second battery, I suspect they go through fuses and then into the kit it used to have. So you need to check under the drivers seat incase they are loose under there.

Yeah:) everyone loves a good mystery right? I found the engine fuse box but it only has small blade fuses. I am assuming the higher voltage ones are deeper in the engine bay?

Yeah:) everyone loves a good mystery right? I found the engine fuse box but it only has small blade fuses. I am assuming the higher voltage ones are deeper in the engine bay?
Under the battery (I did say that twice already)

Enough said as above. Sorry mate.

Great, thanks I see that now:)
Is there any special precautions with taking the started battery out?

Looks like the 70a fuse next is also blown? Did you test it? Although that is the main terminal 30 supply fuse and you wouldn’t have anything working with that blown….

Back