Facebook market place - anyone live in Falmouth?

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Seen some wheels I would like to buy on Facebook, but they are in Falmouth which is a bit far from Manchester.

So, I was wondering if anyone lives that way if they would be willing to check it out its not a scam for a few beer tokens.

Hi, as I suspected, he wouldnt give me an address for you to go look at the wheels until I had given him a £300 deposit. So not needed thanks.
@Chris1983 had the same with some H7’s that @Inaminit said his friend was selling.. wanted PayPal friends and family payment so they could send them via courier, but clammed up when he asked for their address to collect and pay in person.
These scammers are everywhere.

@Skyliner33 What were the alloys you saw?
I've just seen a set of Sportlines outrageously cheap in Falmouth, and just wondering if it's the same scammer.
I've seen that, same set of wheels, same place, different name (from memory). Its a scam I believe. Or I would have bought them, and paid more than that. I see you are in Falmouth, why not try for cash on collection deal. If you get them Im going to be so gutted lol.

Funny he stopped responding to me when I said I was local. I've since seen the fella reported as a scammer on a T5/5.1/6/6.1 group and the ad's gone now. I hope no-one has been caught out.

Back