Has anyone heard of this facebook page selling VW parts?

allo

I was looking for some bits for my T6 and this guy messaged me. Prices seem decent, not too low and not crazy expensive. Has anyone used him before? He does say I can come and collect them but he's 2.5hrs away so I would have him post the bits to me. He does send an invoice but needs it paid to his personal Revolut account, which is fine as he may be self employed.

That's his page - Log in to Facebook

He's quite active in T5 and T6 Forum FB group.

Shall I avoid or is he okay?

The page looks a bit sketchy, and seems to cover all VW parts old and new.

If he has a part your looking for, just assume it's second hand and pay accordingly.

And assume any after sales or warranty will be the same as any other private sale.... Ie non existent.

Based on those assumptions your protecting your expectations, and may find a bargain.

I am well aware of that. He's a breaker, so obviously they will be used and no warranty. I was looking for a rubber front cabin floor which he quoted for £130 shipped in mint condition, side step for £40 and a MFSW with airbag for around £220 which does sound quite reasonable. It's just that it looks a little sketchy.

I am well aware of that. He's a breaker, so obviously they will be used and no warranty. I was looking for a rubber front cabin floor which he quoted for £130 shipped in mint condition, side step for £40 and a MFSW with airbag for around £220 which does sound quite reasonable. It's just that it looks a little sketchy.
Buy something cheap first and see if it turns up to test him out.

When buying online I've always found the the old addage "too good to be true" is worth following.

Don't get me wrong, there are genuine, good sellers/people out there. Just seems that I'm not destined to meet many of them. However, I'm an old cynic these day and this doesn't ring true for anyone I have dealt with on here. These are the few that I am referring to.

Even for bigger company's, customer service seems to be a forgotten skill...

Reactions: JOG
I'll probably buy the step first and then the rest. His prices aren't on the cheap end. I've seen people ask £80-£100 for a used flooring so £130 for good condition sounds reasonable and the price for steering wheel is also ok, it's just that his page looks a bit shady lol
EDIT: looks like his page is gone. Guess you were right, it was a scam after all.

Last edited:
If I'm looking to buy something online and it seems to good to be true I normally ask if I can pick up to see how they react and if they give me an address,if all seems good then say change of plans I can't make it can you post it

If I'm looking to buy something online and it seems to good to be true I normally ask if I can pick up to see how they react and if they give me an address,if all seems good then say change of plans I can't make it can you post it
He did say I can pick up but he's in Norwich and I had no plans. He's gone from FB now.

Back