Error code aux. Heater carista

Well, better late than never.

The van records fuel low dash light as fault code 0036 in control module for engine coolant/parking heater (Webasto). I believe reason being that the heater definitely won't turn on with fuel low dash light so garage can right away eliminate these "heater not working" cases.

For comparison below a VCDS "report".
Code:
Address 18: Aux. Heat (J364)       Labels:| 7E0-963-27X-18.clb
   Part No SW: 7E0 963 272 B    HW: 7E0 963 272 A
   Component: STH-T5GP2     002 0009
   Coding: 5801
   Shop #: WSC 45626 002 1048576
   ASAM Dataset: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2 001013
   ROD: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2.rod
   VCID: 2B000D1DD38C4EBFF7A-807E

Remote Control Auxiliary Heater:
   Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 5Q0 963 513 A    HW: 5Q0 963 513 A
   Component: R149 T91-LIN  003 0301
   Serial number: 00000000000001224104

1 Fault Found:
0036 - Fuel Level too Low
          P1250 00 [008] - -
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 7
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 62
                    Mileage: 36481 km
                    Date: 2018.02.16
                    Time: 17:18:00

Operating condition of parking heater: OFF
                    Coolant temperature of parking heater: 71 °C
                    Coolant temperature: 71 °C
                    Engine running status: detected
                    Fuel level: 12 l
                    Heater output: 0 W
So nothing to worry about. Hopefully have refuelled by now ;).

Much appreciated @mmi. I'll try clearing it after fuelling up next. Then just one more to address
Actually the low fuel fault will clear by itself. I don't know exactly when but I have observed that after 2000km it's definitely gone.

My understanding is there is no way to clear just one individual fault code, instead all the fault codes will clear in all modules. I would be happy to be wrong on this. Thus I have been avoiding clearing any codes unless it's absolutely necessary because I don't want VW lose any faults logs as long the van is under warranty.

Yes, the other one is a mystery. Actually I went through all my recorded fault codes (VCDS) and nothing that resembles that 50990.

Yes, Thank you for your efforts on this @mmi . Very interesting and useful info. That explains some inconsistencies I noticed with engine coolant warm up times over the winter.

From now on I'll keep the fuel level above the low level light in cold weather. I'd rather the van used a bit extra fuel to fire the auxiliary heater, in order to reach operating temperature sooner. Think that would be best for the engine in the long term. :thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
Likewise. Plus another fault just for good luck.

View attachment 17366
Stumbled on some information at Ross-Tech site What is code 50990?
"50990 refers to Sender/Receiver Module 2 for Interior Monitoring (G305) being faulty. So you may want to check/replace that part."
And using opportunity to self correct and clarify my earlier post above:
The VCDS can clear fault codes of just individual modules - however all faults in the module will clear.​

Stumbled on some information at Ross-Tech site What is code 50990?
"50990 refers to Sender/Receiver Module 2 for Interior Monitoring (G305) being faulty. So you may want to check/replace that part."
And using opportunity to self correct and clarify my earlier post above:
The VCDS can clear fault codes of just individual modules - however all faults in the module will clear.​

Thank you @mmi . Rear roof mounted ultrasonic sensor was probably disconnected and reconnected when the pop top roof was fitted. Think its cleared with Carista, but I'll do another scan to confirm.

Reactions: mmi
Hey @Dieseldonkey, what roof do you have? The reason I ask is that my ultrasonic was left unplugged when the pop top was fitted. I could tell the day it was fitted, as the error code logged the date! It makes the alarm and deadlocking fail safe, and not apply.

Hey @Dieseldonkey, what roof do you have? The reason I ask is that my ultrasonic was left unplugged when the pop top was fitted. I could tell the day it was fitted, as the error code logged the date! It makes the alarm and deadlocking fail safe, and not apply.
Low Life stealth roof. The sensor was still in its original location after the roof was fitted but I've since remounted it in the rear roof locker.

20180929_131800.jpg

Back