Engine warning light: 15916 31103

lebb2017

VIP Member
T6 Guru
My engine warning light came on and so I got myself a Carista and a free month trial to try and see if it’s something I can sort myself

Forgive me because I have no clue about engines but always willing to try things. My brother in law is quite handy and has offered to check the spark plugs/change a spark plug next week (YouTube here we come !)

But any advice anyone from this great forum can give would be great!

Engine doesn’t seem to me to be slow to start. It seems to turn over no problem.
Could it be something to do with adblue?
I’ve had the van since May 2023 and done less than 2k miles. Before that I think it sat for quite a few months at a dealers. I don’t use it very often (particularly since it’s winter - fair weather camper!). Should I check the adblue level?

IMG_5039.pngIMG_5040.pngIMG_5041.png

For code 31103 check out the below thread - apparently nothing too bad. Please post contents of ”Detailed ECU info" -report (under CaristaService menu)” - there has been an engine software update that should make these faults less frequent.

As for the glow plug fault 15916 I believe the malfunction frequency counter will go up if the fault is reoccurring. So, you could just keep an eye on the counter to see if the fault persists. Or, just reset the codes and see if they come back.

If the glow plug fault seems to persist you might want to get it checked - could be a faulty plug or wiring. The van will start and run with three plugs but not as well it’s supposed to.

For code 31103 check out the below thread - apparently nothing too bad. Please post contents of ”Detailed ECU info" -report (under CaristaService menu)” - there has been an engine software update that should make these faults less frequent.

As for the glow plug fault 15916 I believe the malfunction frequency counter will go up if the fault is reoccurring. So, you could just keep an eye on the counter to see if the fault persists. Or, just reset the codes and see if they come back.

If the glow plug fault seems to persist you might want to get it checked - could be a faulty plug or wiring. The van will start and run with three plugs but not as well it’s supposed to.
Thank you! Will read the other thread

So I cleared both faults after a stint on the motorway. Restarted the engine and the light hasnt come back on!

I did however need to top up the steering fluid again so somethings not right there :(
That will be for another thread.

Back