Engine mounts - how many?

Dm85

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

Just a quick one. Had a lower engine mount fail on a T6 DSG 2018. The garage told me the top one had split as well. So I picked the van up and I am assuming the top one is the one on the drivers side clearly visible. That one had not been changed I can tell as it’s still as it looked before.

Is there another top mounting on passenger side? I feel they have lied to me to get another £150 out of me. Probably a case of the VW tax…….

There are 3 engine mounts and a gearbox mount, did they specify which they have changed?

They said it was they had trouble finding this one 7E0199849G which is the bottom one that is attached to the subframe. But they also said they had to replace the top one. But didn’t specify that. So I’m assuming the only top one Is situated by the air box left of engine bay? Unless there’s one the other side out of sight?

These are the mounts for the CXFA, CXGA and CXHA for a guide:

1697214823684.png

So the only top one I can see is the one I’ve circled? That has definitely not been replaced. They did the one in the middle lower #15 But told me they also did the top. One….no wonder no one trusts mechanics

IMG_1579.jpeg

Back