Engine Management Light On, In Luxembourg.

teamfly

McLife Sentence
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi , just arrived on border of Luxembourg / Germany. Engine management light just came on , second time this has happened . First was ad blue related and switched off approx 1k on clock .van now on 4k.
Any advice on calling out assist or try turning up at nearest vw dealer ?
Drives OK, as it did first time around....

get yourself a Carista for £15.99

you can then read codes and google them to if its worth calling VW assist or the AA, or carry on to your destination.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carista-Bl...e=UTF8&qid=1531980973&sr=8-2&keywords=carista

Carista OBD2 App | Diagnose, customize and service your car

In the mean time and Orange engine light (on its own) is generally a warning of a problem but its OK to carry on with you journey, but have the van looked at in a timely manor.

A Red dash light or stop light on its own or in combination with the orange engine light means its a bigger problem and you must stop the van.

either a local VW or Assist will be able to plug in the diagnostics to read the fault code - keep us updated with what the fault was =]

Spoke to assist , going to try n get me booked in to nearest vw, have rac cover too ( caravan ) as a plan b.
On the plus side its sunny, hot, great pool and a crate of cold bit berg with my name on it .

get yourself a Carista for £15.99

Amazon Prime is a brilliant thing:
I was on a Stag Do in Devon last weekend and the TV tuner didn’t want to pick up any signal, so it looked like we’d miss the World Cup games.
The Best Man ordered a cheap tuner and it arrived the next day, all shiny and new.

If you get nowhere with getting a garage to look at it, you might be able to have the Carista delivered to your campsite.
Good luck.

That's light off, difficult with language barrier, but ad blue / cat related fault ( sensor? ) .
Will see if it stays off on journey home.
Thanks for the replies, will look into carista once home

Back