Engine management light came on…sorted…but then came on again? Help/ advice needed please

Mr Hero

VIP Member
Hi all

Mid July my amber engine management light came on and I took it to my independent vw garage who fitted a new manifold cooler exhaust pipe.

2 weeks ago, the light came back on and i got a friend to run a check and a P20EE00 NOx catalyst efficiency below threshold code came up. They switched it off and advised me to run the VW on BP supreme or similar high quality fuel… which I have been doing ever since.

unfortunately the warning light has reappeared! I will get my friend to check the fault before deciding to go back to the garage for more ‘tests’. I think it may be a similar fault but I’ll know for sure next week.

has anyone had similar fault code and what did they do different.

appreciate any feedback or advice- I can’t do anything until Tuesday and will minimise my mileage in the meantime

thanks in advance

Rob

I had this code in September, came on after dong a long run which surprised me, VW place reset the code and changed the rear EGR Flexi as it had been welded and could be causing a problem, touch wood I've not had it back on since and I've done about 1k miles since then, it did have an accidental tank of premium diesel the other week and if your aren't tight like me the van did seen to run better and gave me a few MPG more.

Not sure if it does matter but my van is never run on supermarket fuel.

Now I've wrote this I can guarantee it will be on tomorrow :)

EDITED to say just realised how old this post was, hope you got it sorted!

Back