Engine Fan After Short Journeys

sunflower123

Hi Guys
Just a quick question, is it normal for the fan to come on when you stop after short journeys?
Just driven 6 miles and when i parked up the fan came on for about 5 mins and it seems to be doing this all the time just recently.
T6 18 plate.
Thanks for your help in advance

I think it would be better if VW put a count down timer or regen imminent warning as I’d be inclined to go the long way and hold it in a lower gear to put some heat into it. I think this would be much better than a regen once parked up!

just my 0.02p worth!

Ian

The revs increase to about 950rpm at idle (when upto temp). That's an indication that a DPF regen is underway.

I think it would be better if VW put a count down timer or regen imminent warning as I’d be inclined to go the long way and hold it in a lower gear to put some heat into it. I think this would be much better than a regen once parked up!

just my 0.02p worth!

Ian
Probably a good reason why they can't.....but that makes total sense to me! Surely it would be better for the environment too?

Because the light would be on for most of the time....for most people..

Causing them to take it into VW as a fault.

The light will come on when needed, for the rest of the time is automatic.

Because the light would be on for most of the time....for most people..

Causing them to take it into VW as a fault.

The light will come on when needed, for the rest of the time is automatic.
Never seen a light @Dellmassive.... Hopefully that's a good thing? Hear the fan revularly when I park up though.

Back