Emergency puncture repair

Oggywales

Having staggered 20’s on my T32 I’m going to ditch the spare as it’s of no use

Can anyone recommend any decent tyre weld type things and 12v compressors that may get me out of a muddle should I get a puncture?

My Sportline came without a spare but had a "tyre mobility kit" as standard.
Any generic repair kit will be OK, but get one for an SUV/Commercial.

Thanks @sparkywig that could be the way to go, id not seen that type of kit, I was looking more at cans of sealant and a separate compressor,
I’d recommend getting both the items (or similar) mentioned above. The sealant is only any good for small holes or something like a screw that is still in the tyre - anything bigger and it won’t seal. The anchovies will give you a chance to make a repair to a bigger hole or cut, using multiple if needed. It could make all the difference to getting moving again. I have used them many times on my bikes with great success.

Also, have 2 bottles of sealant, or a can of Holts as sods law dictates that the first attempt will fail with sealant squirting out all over the road!

The tyre noodles are an extreme last resort and should only be used to get you to the nearest tyre centre. They can hide the cause of the puncture and be a danger to you and those around you should the tyre fail again at speed.

Also, if you take your van to a tyre centre and they proceed to attempt a repair using the noodles, walk away.

Back