Embossed Black Old-Style Numberplates

I still don’t get it. Why? Which character in Fast n Furious 18 are you copying?
I don't get the smoked plates either, unless trying to avoid detection by speed cameras etc. But then if you do get caught can be done for perverting the course of justice.

Maybe they’re also more environmentally friendly...?

I know, I know - fitted to a diesel van, it’s akin to having a bottle of water with your Big Mac meal, or being 18st and changing all of your sports-motorcycle parts to carbon-fibre in order to shed weight.
I’ll get my coat...

Being ecologically friendly could include recycling old number plates, I'm currently looking for Dave 1, Lil Dave, No. 1 or 4 KOF but not having a lot of luck plus can't think where to stick my existing plates?:eek:

Okay, so its a mod, I get that, you can stick whatever you want on your car/van, I'm not in the slightest bit interested, but what is the design/style harking back too? There's always some reason for it starting in the first place?

I 'think' that most original number plates were letter pressed. e.g pre 1960's but first really introduced 1903?

Back