Electric sliding door grinding noise

Pinnelli

Hi, I’ve searched and cant find any thread with same issue. Apologies if I’ve missed one.
i have T6 kombi with electric sliding doors. The drivers side one makes awful ’grinding’ noise mainly at point of opening when door starts to come out and round. To a lesser extent when closing.
it stopped for a while but has started again.
I have tried lubing all relevant parts.
i wondered if maybe not the guide wheels etc but whatever the motor pulls? Ie. A chain or strap?
anyhelp appreciated

thanks

I’d be interested in this as mine has just started making a strange noise but only on the offside. Haven’t got round to looking into the cause yet as currently in Ireland with it.

I’d be interested in this as mine has just started making a strange noise but only on the offside. Haven’t got round to looking into the cause yet as currently in Ireland with it.
Hi , hope Ireland nice at present. Lovely here in England. Yes it’s weird, it started out the blue. Annoyingly abkut 6 months after the warranty expired. It then stopped so I thought lube etc did the job. For me it’s side of van than takes sun most of day how it’s parked on driveway. May be barking up wrong tree but wonder if something warped, as last summer we had a long heatwave. But i suspect it may be internal , whatever pulls the door. Let me know how you get on and let’s hope someone comes up trumps on here.

Just for reference...my bottom rollers disintegrated and we're all replaced under warranty. Not electric but started grinding similar to yours.

Ah ok May be a starting point. Clearly power assisted may have nothing to do with noise. Im
Sure rest of mechanism same.
Just van only 4 years only used for leisure so would be odd but will check
Thanks ,

If you get down low enough you'll see the rollers. Light them up with a torch and if they're anything other than smooth they're failing.
Mine wore the nylon off the centre bearing and despite me keep telling the dealers they insisted on whilst it was rolling it couldn't be changed under warranty...the bearing eventually exposed itself and cut into the cill. New cill and roller mechanism later, it's all running smooth. The other is on its way out too but again the dealers are insisting it fail before replacing...utter nuts.

Back