Electric sliders not working [Resolved]

Tsixty

T6 Guru
As title really; went out to put something in the van and neither electric sliders working. Unlocked OK, interior lights came on. Didn't attempt to start as had to jump straight onto a work call but need to go out in a couple of hours so we will see then. Just wondered, do the electric sliders have built in voltage sensing i.e. they won't operate below a certain voltage?

Mine can be hit and miss first time in a morning when it's cold. Normally locking and unlocking a couple of times sorts them.

Mine’s been doing this for the last few weeks, also only one mirror unfolds when I turn the ignition on.
My dash cam has also been shutting down whereas it normally runs 24/7.
I’ve been wondering about the battery as when I turn the key it gives a sort of hiccup before it turns over, and then it doesn’t turn over as fast as I would expect before it actually starts.

I'm a buffoon who might just be suffering from battery drain paranoia. The van started fine, no sign that anything was amiss. However the button on the dash that disables the electric sliders was illuminated on startup. I must have accidentally pressed it last time I went out in the van and not noticed. It clearly also disables the doors from opening electrically from the keyfob and the outside handles (obviously) and its last known setting from ignition on is retained even when the ignition is off (again obviously) :oops:

I called myself a rather rude word.

Last edited:
Back