Electric hook up or inverter ?

JonriceT6

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Im In the process of getting some quotes for electrics, one of the suplliers has asked if I want EHU or inverter type?
I would be using the van on a daily basis, and it wouldn’t be parked up for days at a time on campsites and I would never do any wild camping.
Now would I need an EHU or would an inverter suffice.
I would be running small Fridge, few spotlights and only charging iPads / phones etc.
Thanks

EHU is more for camping on a suitable plot to recharge/run leisure battery and thr items youve losted. An inverter allows you to run 240v items from your leisure battery so from what you say its unlikely you will need either. As long as you can either trickle charge your leisure battery or do long enough runs to keep it topped up you should be ok without either

Suppose it’s always good if my needs change?
What would I need if I wanted to use a coffee machine down the beach, or install a tv and a watch some movies?

Suppose it’s always good if my needs change?
What would I need if I wanted to use a coffee machine down the beach, or install a tv and a watch some movies?
A tv would run off your 12v. Coffee machine would require EHU or invertor but it would cane your battery from an inverter. Get an aeropress instead :thumbsup:

I bought a solar charger (all be it a little heavy) Bluetti AC200P and never go on mains (EHU). Granted I'm in Spain so solar is not a problem, but you could save loads of money in the long term if you keeping the vehical. Being a "belt & braces" man I have the camper wired for EHU should all else fail. :cool:

Back