Electric hob suitable for Camping

GazGringe

T6 Pro
Morning all. I often cook outside the van to keep the van smelling fresh (ish). Therefore I cook outside. Can anyone recommend an electric hob to run off the electric hookup?

We have a double induction hob for use as you say, very light and easy to pack, wife loves it, got ours from Amazon

Search...

Aobosi Double Induction Hob​

on Amazon for full spec....others are available

I would consider outdoor mains voltage electric cooking to be a dry weather activity, that creates some limitations.

We use a Vango Sizzle single plate induction hob.

It was the lowest wattage one I could find @800w to run off a 1000w inverter.

Here on Amazon

Has anyone successfully used their induction hob on a modified wave inverter?

I have used mine on a pure sine wave no prob, up to you if you want to take the risk of frying the hob.

I would consider outdoor mains voltage electric cooking to be a dry weather activity, that creates some limitations.
I think a touch control induction is pretty low risk in this area, they are designed to be safe enough for stuff to boil over on them after all.

I wouldn't use one with rain pouring on to it, but under an awning, so long as the plug was in the dry (or a waterproof extension) then probably? Make sure any spills will drain away even if it's dry weather.

There are ones about with variable wattage limits like this one that seem suitable for limited hook ups or off inverters:

Back