Eibach Sportline Springs -30mm - Heavy Kit

Wranger

Dear friends,

I was thinking about lowering the suspension on my T6, which has 19 RR alloys fitted.

I saw the following springs;
s-l64.jpg
  • Sell it yourself
    Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs 30mm for VW T5 and T6 - Heavy Kit
Does anyone know of these? Good or bad thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you

I believe these are the same as the VW sportline springs. Hopefully will give you extra terms to use in the search facility.

They are the Sportline spring, and not regarded as the most comfortable option by themselves. Dependant on budget and how low you want your van, and if you want it levelled there are many options for you

I haven't got a clue what I'm doing to be honest, i dont want it too low as i have 5 kids. As low as it will without significantly affecting the ride quality. Also, i dont have an endless budget, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

If your budget is springs only the next I would recommend the H&R springs over the Eibach/Sportlines. What is your budget as there are many options beyond this?

I have H&R -40mm springs coupled with Koni shocks and the ride is very good. I’ve been in a mates T5.1 with the same springs, H&R anti roll bars and standard shocks which was also a good ride. On mine it halved the gap between the tyre and arch.

I think you won’t go far wrong with the relevant H&R springs (2 different ratings for both front and rear so 4 permutations). You can always do shocks / ARBs later if you feel necessary.

I have with springs with 19s and I think they are ok. I bought them as a stop gap until I could afford coil overs but I like the stance and the ride is ok tooE2190C0C-D7C1-4CAB-B54D-49C00E5EEB5F.jpeg

H&R’s certainly get the thumbs up as above, and would be my recommend for the lower budget and work well - We fit loads for this very reason. However if you want to go lower than 40MM as many do, and level the vehicle then coilovers would be our recommend, but you will be spending more than double the price of springs.

If eventually you are aiming for coilovers then I wouldn’t bother with springs, and save your money until you can get the suspension you want.

We have demo vehicles running three different setups, so if you are local, please feel feel to come and try before you buy.

H&R’s certainly get the thumbs up as above, and would be my recommend for the lower budget and work well - We fit loads for this very reason. However if you want to go lower than 40MM as many do, and level the vehicle then coilovers would be our recommend, but you will be spending more than double the price of springs.

If eventually you are aiming for coilovers then I wouldn’t bother with springs, and save your money until you can get the suspension you want.

We have demo vehicles running three different setups, so if you are local, please feel feel to come and try before you buy.
Got to disagree with you on not bothering, I’m really happy with the cheapo solution I have, I wouldn’t have coped with it standard but although I’m actually quite pleased with the look I have at -30mm, having read loads of threads on this everyone does seem to agree the H&R are better so I guess they would be the ones to go for (I didn’t have a choice) and I certainly wouldn’t complain of getting -10 extra ;)

:laugh::geek:
Got to disagree with you on not bothering, I’m really happy with the cheapo solution I have, I wouldn’t have coped with it standard but although I’m actually quite pleased with the look I have at -30mm, having read loads of threads on this everyone does seem to agree the H&R are better so I guess they would be the ones to go for (I didn’t have a choice) and I certainly wouldn’t complain of getting -10 extra ;)

As long as your happy, that’s all that counts. Everyone needs that extra 10mm, or so I’ve heard ;-)

Also, I would appreciate if people would stop bad mouthing the Eibach springs as I may have some on the market soon :rofl::D:rofl:
Sorry......

As long as your happy, that’s all that counts. Everyone needs that extra 10mm, or so I’ve heard ;-)

Sorry......
People like me come here for the facts, I certainly can’t complain when I’m normally the beneficiary

And I would take only needed an extra 10mm a complement all day long! :laugh:

I have some -40mm springs going cheap that I taken off my T6, only 4k miles on them. PM me if interested :)

Hi. Agreed with Bognor. H&R 40mm lowering springs are pretty good sports springs it has to be said especially can't argue at the price. The Eibach 30mm sport line springs are pretty firm, however are a VW listed option. Also they don't suffer from spring sag and fracture as quite as much.

If you want to fit something with a little more refinement and ride comfort without going down the new dampers route then we fit loads of these in our camper conversions.

The Eibach Comfort Adjustable lowering spring - VW T5 / T6 Eibach adjustable lowering springs - Comfort 1 | Chilli Jam Vans

These are much more comfortable than H&R and the original Eibach's. available in different rated kits and also a max low version. Also now available for the 6.1. Main benefit other than the extra comfort is the adjustable rear cup which helps set the rear ride height depending on the payload in the van. Definitely worth the extra bucks if the budget is there.

Back