Egr fault 2015

Hi
Vw are a waste of time.
I believe Vw knew of this fault in the manufacturing and continued to sell these vehicles knowing they had fault .Before I brought vehicle 2 weeks before they delivered there was an update .The vehicle has had the light flashing since I had it on and off.
There has already been a major court case where Vw had to pay out .
VW customer service told me in South Africa I was the third person that called in morning with same fault and van so they know about it .

my vehicle had a complete replacement of the Egr valve and in 10.000miles it’s gone again .
THIS IS A MANUFACTURING FAULT .
ITS CAUSED ME A NIGHTMARE .
THE ONLY WAY IS TO TAKE THEM TO COURT AS VW KNOWINGLY SOLD THESE VEHICLES FROM 2015 TO 2017 THEN CHANGED THE WAY THE EGR VALVE IS MADE
THEY KNEW AND OUR TRYING TO HUSH IT UP BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO GO COURT AGAIN .
I THINK IF MANY OF US TOOK VW TO COURT REGARDING THIS FAULT THEY WILL HAVE TO REPLACE OUR VANS AND GIVE US COMPENSATION AS I DOMT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT ITS BEEN SO STRESSFUL.

I think they are on about the 7th revision of EGR.

Just had mine double flushed, then replaced at 80k.

One shouldn’t have to replace the egr every 10,000 likes it should last at least 100,000 miles .
It’s definitely a manufacturer fault on these vehicles that vw are not owning up to .
My warranty for the work only last two years so they don’t want to know so my van has only gone 10,000 miles then needs a replacement.
I’ve been a vw fan for ever but now after the run around I’ve had vw I doubt I will ever buy a very new vehicle or any vehicle from them again.

One shouldn’t have to replace the egr every 10,000 likes it should last at least 100,000 miles .
It’s definitely a manufacturer fault on these vehicles that vw are not owning up to .
My warranty for the work only last two years so they don’t want to know so my van has only gone 10,000 miles then needs a replacement.
I’ve been a vw fan for ever but now after the run around I’ve had vw I doubt I will ever buy a very new vehicle or any vehicle from them again.
No mechanical device handling soot loaded gases is going to last long without servicing. 100K miles at a generous average of 40MPH is 2500 hours or 104 days.
I agree that VW are avoiding the issue as are other manufacturers.
IMO the issue of fouled EGR valves and coolers is exacerbated by additional fuel injection for DPF re-generation combined with seized open EGR valves.
There is no doubt that the EGR coolers are designed for short service as the capacity of the heat exchanger is adequate the day it was built and then deteriorates at an ever increasing rate as it fouls with carbon.

The reason I got rid of our 2017 kombi 204 dsg.
EML on all the time and paying big money a month! Now use my t5.1 4motion for towing and going convert to kombi. I feel the last decent transporter was the t5.1 only extras you got on the t6 were updated tech, I.e disc Nav auto lights etc nothing has changed on the vans really since the T5 until the latest t6.1 with uprated steering.
Im a Ford fan but love the look of the transporter and always felt they wear better beyond 100k and always been better at towing. Hence me using one for work and then taking the plunge on the 2017 we just sold. VW proper recycled the parts bin on the transporter and caddy.
Like when Ford put transit door handles on the RS200

They know there’s a following or fleets have them so plenty of after care ££££ and owners are loyal.
I’m no Japanese fan but Imagine if Lexus/Toyota etc did a competing van…..

Back