EGR conundrum

Verdant

Hi All. I have an orange light on the dash. Plugged in the trusty reader and it’s showing Erg EGR valve needs cleaning. I have bought a can of wynns erg cleaner but not sure where on the air intake system I should spay ! Can anyone help?
I have attached a pic if that helps.
Cheers
Rob

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All. I have an orange light on the dash. Plugged in the trusty reader and it’s showing Erg valve needs cleaning. I have bought a can of wynns erg cleaner but not sure where on the air intake system I should spay ! Can anyone help?
I have attached a pic if that helps.
Cheers
Rob

View attachment 211687

Welcome to the forum.
A very similar thread was created on here quite recently, see below;

It's always worth using the search facility (top right of your screen) as most of the more common problems have already been covered.
I hope you can resolve the problem.

Don't waist you time, it won't work.

Contact VW or a call out mobile company to try a in situ flush.

If that fails you will need a replacement unit.

It's a common thing in these vans, especially if you do short hop driving.

Had mine flushed twice at VW, which didn't work, so they replaced it... under warranty.

Don't waist you time, it won't work.

Contact VW or a call out mobile company to try a in situ flush.

If that fails you will need a replacement unit.

It's a common thing in these vans, especially if you do short hop driving.

Had mine flushed twice at VW, which didn't work, so they replaced it... under warranty.
Hi, how difficult were VW in replacement of the unit? Am about to start this process with them - I have extended VW warranty, van has full VW service history.
thanks in advance. George

Hi, how difficult were VW in replacement of the unit? Am about to start this process with them - I have extended VW warranty, van has full VW service history.
thanks in advance. George
They insisted on two EGR flushes, then replaced it.(over 3days)(I had booked in a free loan van while they worked on mine)

All under warranty..

See here,

I replaced the EGR twice in my T5 works van. When it went again I bit the bullet and had it removed and a blanking kit fitted and it mapped out of the ecu
It’s been great ever since

Back