Dynamic Indicators –

lough90

Maintenance Supervisor - oil & gas
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone know of a dynamic indicator / running light kit currently available for T6’s. I know most vehicles now have the indicators incorporated in to the headlight cluster, I’m not a fan of this trend as in some light I find it difficult to see the indicators.

I have seen kits available on ebay but was looking for a more professional fit and finish.

I have discussed retro fitting this with a custom manufacturer ie remanufacturing the internals, we did look at doing it on a set of rears clusters but didnt follow it up as the indicator aperture is not big enough to house sufficient LEDs to get the 'proper' streaming effect
We were only looking at doing it as a retro fit to OE clusters, i think a solution for this would have to be on aftermarket clusters with a slightly different configuration/setup giving a larger indicator window

T6 headlights are really difficult to get into, they can be split but its a tough process and takes a lot of time so not really practical to split for a minor job like indicators and would make it far too expensive to be practical

Does anyone know of a dynamic indicator / running light kit currently available for T6’s. I know most vehicles now have the indicators incorporated in to the headlight cluster, I’m not a fan of this trend as in some light I find it difficult to see the indicators.

I have seen kits available on ebay but was looking for a more professional fit and finish.
When you say dynamic do you mean it dims the other lights around it/and/or the illumination moves progressively in a horizontal along a longish lens?
I have noticed with our OEM LED headlights/DRL, in the light to dark the indicators are not that standout-ish Many top end cars like Audi R8's that have this feature really do stand out very well when the indicators are operated; a really good safety step; but you do need a long horizontal lens to get the effect. Not sure you could do that very well on the rear of a T6:confused:

I’m really looking at front indicators that would also double up as running lights , I would like to have these fitted in the lower grill like the OEM as I don’t like the thought of opening the OEM to fit light strips.
upload_2016-11-13_21-31-4.png

upload_2016-11-13_21-26-47.png

yes it just a photo off the net. I'm going to fit the OEM running lights when i can get them but thought i would investigate dynamic lights as i feel these provide better viability

Yes well spotted, these are the Custom Vanz lights. Hopefully you got the thread of what I’m looking to achieve. Most likely I will opt for the OEM DRL units.

Back