Dust Bonnet Seal

saxoboy

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi,

Is there a rubber seal we can get that fits to the front of the bonnet (underneath) that will stop the dust and dirt coming into the engine bay? There are holes where something like this could go......I have had them on many of my cars, but the van has nothing.

If not has someone made something that stops the ingress of dust/ dirt?

Thanks

Matt

Are you going to block the radiator grille as well?

No no...….just a seal that works with the bonnet line and the top of the engine bay....if that makes sense.....in a car the radiator grill is not restricted...just the gap between the bonnet and the engine bay....kept the engine bay very clean

Could you try the door seal that is on the forum shop, stick it to the underside of the bonnet?

Assuming already having under engine cover: Any1 Tried One Of These? Vw Transporter Under Engine Cover + Fitting Kit

Could you try the door seal that is on the forum shop, stick it to the underside of the bonnet?
Unfortunately it's not thick enough so needs some additional stuff to fill the crack.

This sealing was on my to-do list but I'm not sure if it really helps as the main source of dust seems to be from front wheels and this airflow from top down possibly just helps by flushing the dust downwards. Actually I get very little dust or dirt on top of the engine.

Last edited:
Back