DSG Re-map

Montecha

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Has anyone had their DSG box remapped?

The Bluemotion box seems really lazy. I mean it hangs on to gears way too long, I assume that's in the interest of economy, (I'm talking about D mode)

Changing up seems OK, but I'd prefer if the downchanges didn't wait until the engine is barely turning over.

I had it checked out when it was on its holiday at the Stealer, they said it was all fine (I'm not convinced they understood the problem, and just rolled out their standard reply).

Interesting, I've only done about 500 miles in mine so far but I've frequently felt the opposite, that it hangs on to gears too much when going UP the box. Sometimes if I'm driving around 60ish it seems to forget to chage into top and has to be nudged. I suppose if two people think it's too far in different directions then their compromise is maybe about right? But I too would be interested in a remap to push it more to the Economy or Comfort mode that most cars have, then use Sport if I wanted a different behaviour

Or you could go the rout of a Polo Gti flat bottomed Steering Wheel (re trimmed ) with paddles that plug strait in and change when you want. I use it just to pick the right gear for acceleration then after a short while it goes back to drive.

Or you could go the rout of a Polo Gti flat bottomed Steering Wheel (re trimmed ) with paddles that plug strait in and change when you want. I use it just to pick the right gear for acceleration then after a short while it goes back to drive.

I have paddles, that's what I meant by having to nudge it into top, but it's mildly annoying to have to keep doing it. If I'd wanted a manual I'd have bought one

True, but at least your left foot doesn't have to do anything;). I have never had a problem with mine if it doesn't drop into 7th I just lift the throttle a fraction and it drops in. I fitted the wheel because I wanted a flat bottomed wheel with red sticking the paddles are just a bonus.

Mainly aesthetics, I also like to rest my right hand at that point on the wheel on long journeys, (14 months old and done 34K miles!) a flat bottom is more comfortable I find.

Bought a 2 year old one of fleabay for £50, had it re covered with nappa top and bottom, perforated leather either side and red stitching. Looks great and comfortable. :)

Had my T6 DSG 180 remapped today along with mapping the gearbox which is key apparently. Much sweeter. Fast and smooth gearbox changes and a joy to drive.

I'm just outside Clackers, where are you?

I know the guy you mean, seen him about in a T5.

Any thoughts of it so far?

I'm Braintree. In normal Drive mode seems like it used to be in Sport but with a really slick gear change and not quite as high revving. I found the DSG smooth anyway but it is definitely smoother and the engine isn't anywhere near as flat. I still find the gear changes quite aggressive on the downshift in Sport mode but Drive mode is so much more improved I think I'll stay away from it unless I'm towing. I've yet to see what the mpg improvements are but I have a long drive to Spain end of April which will be a good test. ;)

Does it take out the flat spot and hesitation when pulling out of a junction?

Does it take out the flat spot and hesitation when pulling out of a junction?
I'll take a look on the drive to work in the morning mate. I had a rare free drive home so I didn't have to stop too much.

I'll take a look on the drive to work in the morning mate. I had a rare free drive home so I didn't have to stop too much.

Yer let me know, do you what I mean about the hesitation?
What do you do over in Braintree?

Back