DSG not smooth on take off.

Thank you very much. Unfortunately the VIN was blurred. Am I right assuming it is WV1ZZZ7HZKH****** ?? as these bits define vehicle class (M1, N1) + model year, which then define which software load is supposed to be in there.

Anyways, yours seems to be identical with the one that got DSG cured with ECU update - mentioned here --> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/dsg-gear-box-problems.20826/post-284723
Your ECU software: SW: 04L 906 056 RH 6753
The cured van has SW: 04L 906 056 RH 9779

Sorry @mmi Yes, I can confirm VIN WV1ZZZ7HZKH****** is correct

Thanks for the link and information...

My DSG still has the slow throttle response from a standing start... but that seems to be normal from what i understand and i will get the TVS map done when out of warranty..

To be fair its my only complaint... and I can't fault the DSG otherwise...

Sorry @mmi Yes, I can confirm VIN WV1ZZZ7HZKH****** is correct

Thanks for the link and information...

My DSG still has the slow throttle response from a standing start... but that seems to be normal from what i understand and i will get the TVS map done when out of warranty..

To be fair its my only complaint... and I can't fault the DSG otherwise...
Actually your scan was the missing piece of my puzzle :cool: - so thank you very much :thumbsup:

Anyways, I'd like to propose you to test drive an "old" 204ps+DSG van (any, just check sticker under dash for CXEB engine) - just a few normal takeoffs from standing start. The difference should be remarkable. If so, then the cure would be the engine software update - it's not a recall as such but a qualified VW technician should be able to find it.

The software update evidently irons out a few wrinkles on engine side re DSG cooperation. Thus I believe it might be even essential for a successful future DSG map.

To answer an earlier question. Yes it does move off uphill without any throttle. What does that mean ?

To answer an earlier question. Yes it does move off uphill without any throttle. What does that mean ?
That's the way it should be. I was just curious as I've experienced a totally "limp" DSG when trying to move off uphill (without throttle).
I think the way forward is to do the reset/adapt the DSG and see how it then performs.

I went to reset the dsg as well with obdeleven I had a strange message so no idea if it reset or not...

20210309_234949.jpg

I pressed the green tick and had the message below.

20210309_234927.jpg

Reactions: mmi
I went to reset the dsg as well with obdeleven I had a strange message so no idea if it reset or not...
Evidently the process was not started. Should have got something like "Finished correctly".

A proposed procedure from
Engine at idle​
Transmission P​
Park brake active​
Car level horizontal​
Transmission oil 65°C​
Choose "Basic setting of transmission" > [Go!]​
Wait for "Finished correctly"​
Check these values for some time:​
IDE00322 Status of basic setting-Basic Settings Status: 128
IDE02824 Main status of abort code basic setting-Basic Settings Main Status:2 > 14 > 17 > 3 > 6 > 8 > 9 > 10 > 14 > 0
IDE00322 Status of basic setting-Basic Settings Status: 0
IDE02824 Main status of abort code basic setting-Basic Settings Main Status: 0
When these values show:​
IDE02775 Status of basic setting data-State Of Basic Adjustmentdata: Valid
IDE00322 Status of basic setting-Basic Settings Status: 16
IDE02825 Substatus of abort code basic setting-Basic Settings Sub Status: 17
IDE02824 Main status of abort code basic setting-Basic Settings Main Status:0
Then press [Stop]​
Drive through gears (i don't know how long, check "kiss.." until 6 to 8 (I guess)​
Look at values:​
IDE02735 Display of driving mode in instrument panel-Display Driving Position: d (ungültiger wert)
IDE02736 Display of gear in instrument panel-Display Driving Gear GANG_1...6
ENG110526 Clutch 1 adaption kiss point part 1 success counter 0..x (6)?
ENG110532 Clutch 2 adaption kiss point part 1 success counter 0..x (8)?

Back