Dreaming

Hi All,
Just joined this forum to hopefully get some good advice on purchasing a T6 campervan. Where would the best place be to search? I’ve been looking at autotrader and eBay what like seems forever.!
I’m after a swb with a budget of 30k and not too many miles on the clock… is this too much to ask? Thanks in advance for your replies.
John

Hi All,
Just joined this forum to hopefully get some good advice on purchasing a T6 campervan. Where would the best place be to search? I’ve been looking at autotrader and eBay what like seems forever.!
I’m after a swb with a budget of 30k and not too many miles on the clock… is this too much to ask? Thanks in advance for your replies.
John
Have you looked on the classifieds sub-forum?

Oh and welcome to the T6 forum!

Don’t rush into it is my advice, prices should come down once the masses can fly again. It reads like you are looking to buy a converted van, obviously if this is the case you are going to have to live with another persons preferences unless you want to spend more £ to change it.
I would read up on the different engine / gearbox options, the T6 spans 84 > 204PS so while on the outside they all look much the same there’s plenty of differences.
It took me months to find the standard van I was looking for at the right price.

Time spent on research before buying is never wasted and there is no better place than here. I agree with @DXX , don't rush out and pay stupid money for a van tomorrow.
I spent hours on this forum before buying and it was time well spent.
Identify the "must haves" that can't be easily changed after purchase (for example you might want air conditioning, most but not all T6's have it) and focus on those. Some things like wheels are easily changed so don't worry about those.
Good Luck! :thumbsup:

Quality where it counts would be my personal advice with a ready done conversion, don't get too hung up on age of the vehicle, look at the mileage / history but pay attention to what it has actually been fitted within the conversion, lots of dressed up tat for sale on ebay and alike which looks appealing but lots of corners have been cut on quality, like someone says wheels etc can be upgrded at a later date, if it was my money I would be looking for brand name tested items such as roof and beds which are fitted correctly. Like someone else said you may be able to get a bargain next year once everyone can fly again.

If you are looking for a van to convert I found the Used VW Van website had some of the best deals. Just don't expect much off the price...

Back