Double Swivel

Foggy66

I’m looking to fit a swivel base to the passenger bench seat. I’ve ruled out the kiravan base due to the height increase.
What other options are available, if any?
I’d prefer to keep the bench seat with the extra storage it provides. But I’m open to fitting an OEM passenger swivel seat if it’s possible.
Cost isn’t too much of an issue so long as the solution is right.

How much does the Kiravan product increase the height by?
I was looking at this as an option, seen others on eBay etc bit that has got good reviews.

I think the Kiravans raises it by about 47mm.

A T5 owner knocked on my door the other day when I was at a campsite. He had a swivel fitted that only raised it a tiny bit, but the bolts were on the inside of the base. As it was so low, it dragged on the floor covering. One of the bolts had dropped down while swivelling and this had cut into the flooring and the ply!

He’d managed to get the seat stuck, half rotated.

After a while, we got it free, but he needs new flooring.

I find the Kiravans plate perfect, but each to their own.

Have you sat in one with a Kiravans plate fitted?

Yes the bench seat swivel raises the seat by 47mm, basically the height of the swivel base.
I have to admit that I haven’t sat on one. I just thought that 47mm seemed a large increase in height and I was put off by some negative comments regarding the height increase.
I’m open to persuasion as the Kiravan plate seems like a good product and would be the perfect solution in our van.

The extra height of the Kiravans swivel isn't an issue in the real world. My wife doesn't find it a problem.

Pete

Likewise, my wife’s not complained about the height of the seat, nor have my kids, who both take turns to sit in the front.

The extra height of the Kiravans swivel isn't an issue in the real world. My wife doesn't find it a problem.

Pete

As above the height does not really bother me, I have the drivers seat just as high,
I did consider this
VW T5 / T6 Lowered double passenger seat. But need the extra space for the sleeping bag storage under the seat.

Have you considered this.
COMING SOON, BRAND NEW PRODUCT! ALL IN ONE double passenger seat swivel base with extra recline and folding backrest

We will be fitting the folding function to our front seats

So the Rusty Lee Swivels are permanently out of stock everywhere you go, seems like the Kiravans one is also wiped out.

Are there any other alternatives worth a try?

Hello All,

Please take a look at our Swerve Seats Double Swivel base. We tried to mitigate many of the drawbacks with the standard box + Swivel plate. So no discernable height increase & the swivel is built directly under the base so the bottom of the base is open to the back of the van and remains static; ideal for storage/speakers/batteries etc. On top of this it features a quick release latch with safety catch to make the swivel as quick and painless as possible. Our design also offers many possibilities with storage, for instance boxes on the sides and front.

swerveseats.com

Any feedback appreciated!

Tim

Reactions: CAB
Still think the MS Craft seat is best, pulled back you get to sit looking out the slider door gives more options and easy to spin

the wifes only 5ft no problem with seat height

Back