Double Seat Swap For Single

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Thomas Hopkins, 4 Jul 2018.

1. Thomas Hopkins

Thomas Hopkins New Member

Hi all, looking to swap my double front seats for a single passenger seat.

Just nipped out and took a picture, few hand marks on the seat when swivelling but will come out with a wipe. I believe its Austin titanium trim ?

It also has a m1 tested swivel base which ill be looking to either sell or trade, so before trying to sell and buy on ebay I thought I would test the water and see if anyone is currently looking to swap their single for a double would be allot easier for both parties.

Based in South West, Devon.

Cheers all

IMG_1940.JPG

IMG_4050.JPG

Last edited: 4 Jul 2018
  2. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Might find it tricky getting a straight swap. Single seats will sell for around the £700 mark and your lucky to get £80 for the double.
    Personally I’d be looking to swap both seat and swivel and be prepared to add some £ to sweeten the deal.
    Loads of people are trying to do what you’re doing, as a result the prices increase inline with competition.
    I bought my single from Poland but even their prices have risen loads since.

Tourershine likes this.
  3. Thomas Hopkins

@pau
    Hi Ed,

Thanks for the reply, yes I thought that may be the case, hopefully someone local may be after the convenience and a bit of cash.Oh and yes just to clarify that was what I was meaning in original post regarding the seat base, was the seat from Poland an ebay jobby ?

Cheers mate

4. Ed Webb

Ed Webb Webber VCDS User Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Yes got from Polish ebay. I shipped it with UPS and between the seller and courier I found the whole purchase great with no issues.

5. DaveBos

DaveBos Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I have seen some people giving away double passenger seats, but you double seat swivelling base must be worth a couple of hundred quid.

6. ray goodwin

ray goodwin New Member

Map
    how much do you want for the double seat, NB I`m holding onto my single seat for now thanks

7. Thomas Hopkins

Depends on the deal