Door lock coding

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Really sorry but this is a repost from my thread Fixing my van's lack of security to try and widen its visibility as I'm getting desperate now.

I've spent 4hrs this morning checking electrical connections and with the laptop plugged in going through all the possible connections on VCDS. I even tried setting the relevant bytes to match a scan from a Cali, as it also has offside sliding door and deadlocks, but no difference. Apart from byte 10 bit 3 that activates the Safelock display in the MFD, all the sections I can find relating to the door locks are contained in byte 0 and byte 4. In byte 4 I tried activating the "internal lock via drivers door button" but it still locked and immediately unlocked all the doors in the same way the switch by the mirror controls does. I tried the "Activation of control activation disabled for lock error", which made it lock and unlock twice each time the button was pressed. Bizarrely it has carried on doing that even after it was disabled!

So the only other options were fiddling around trying all the possible combinations in byte o, which left me with 3 options I can set

1) disabling Safelock puts my system back to what it was before I started this i.e. no deadlocking but with the internal lock/unlock button working fine

2) enable Safelock and I can deadlock with the remote but cannot lock all the doors from inside or use autolock (as they will all unlock immediately)

3) I can engage the 2-motor control. This allows deadlocking with the remote and allows locking of the doors with the interior button without them unlocking - however when pressing the interior locking switch the doors are deadlocked every time and cannot be opened via the internal door handles. They can be unlocked using the interior switch though (not when set by remote). This almost gives me what I want, but would be a safety disaster in event of a crash, or a fire while camping.

If there's anyone who knows about VCDS or the electronics controlling the locking I'd really appreciate you having a look at if there's something I'm missing. I have the right door control modules, the right revision BCM and the right doorlock actuators with deadlocking and yet I can't get it to work. It's just going to be so frustrating if I have to reset it to how it was after all the work and money I've put in to trying to sort this :(

Hi andys, have you sorted this problem out? Have same problem on my T6, be very grateful if you could pass any info on, Thanks

Hello Andys

It seems that you've sold your california and are no more a member of the forum

Anyway, I just bought a T6.1 with the same mistake as yours : I didn't bother for the alarm, but things are not for the samesafelock
wich is very important and missing, beacuse I didn't take the option while ordering the van (alarm and safelock are the same option as for the T6)

Maybe this will reminds you bad souvenir with your van, but fi you doesn't mind, did you get rid of your coding problems, because
I wonder if I should make the same works as yours : changing the locks and coding , if you succeded with that !

If you read my post, thank you very much for replying !

Linuxgalere

Back