Door Handle issues

DaveyB

Team White
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Is anyone else having issues with door handles?
I am finding that on the passenger door on the first pull the interior door handle is not opening (even after ignition key removed - so auto door locks have unlocked). Son was pulling at the handle several times to get out earlier, had to go round and open it from the outside. However, the outside handle is equally not always opening the door, and feels really easy to pull, not with the slight friction that all of the others have. Also, pull it just slightly harder than "limp wristed" and the exterior handle actually pops out of the door, and you have to hit it to get it to pop back in.
Needs to go in to dealers me thinks!

I had that happen on my T5 a bit, not the bit about the handle popping out but it felt like the exterior handle wasnt unlocking properly and handle was not catching the release mechanism inside the door
Had other issues with central locking (triggering alarm and unlocking itself due to corrosion on loom) and it got fixed at the same time by someone else so not sure what the exact cause/remedy was

I had that happen on my T5 a bit, not the bit about the handle popping out but it felt like the exterior handle wasnt unlocking properly and handle was not catching the release mechanism inside the door
Had other issues with central locking (triggering alarm and unlocking itself due to corrosion on loom) and it got fixed at the same time by someone else so not sure what the exact cause/remedy was
Cheers Pauly, it's really weird as it has just started. Will have to get the van booked in, can't have it not being able to get in or out through it.

Mine was only on external handle, internal one worked ok ?

Back