Door card removal. WTF

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just WTF? I've been taking Transporter door cards on and off for 4+ yrs now and I just get worse every time. Just been out to try and sort another mystery rattle in the drivers door (a problem with having no room for a sub and relying on the Rainbows in the door for bass) and taped everything possible down with cloth Tesa tape. Put the door card back on and couldn't even shut the door.

I just can't see whats stopping it, whether there's too much Dynamat or if somethings there. It's not the crossover position, that fits into the gap fine, but things just never line up right. I have to buy trim clips by the bag full cos I break 3 or 4 every time I have a go, and now I've even broken one of the plastic clips at the bottom that you have to turn through 90 degrees. In addition the door card's been dropped/knocked that many times it's starting to look a bit secondhand. Once you've plugged in the LED cable, attached the door cable and pushed the lock button through the hole you can't see what will line up and what won't.

Does anyone have any tips or a more logical way to do it? I've given up for the night cos I'm getting more and more Pee'd off with it and that's when mistakes happen.

I didnt find it too bad mate (although it was a while ago i last had them off), i concentrate on the top lip, keeping the bottom of the door card out away from the door i get lock plunger/poky stick thing through the hole in the door card make sure the top lip is fully located into its groove then let the door card swing into position clip in the sides from the top down ?

I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong, maybe I'm not pushing it down into the groove enough, or maybe I need to remove some of the dynamat. Even when the clips are in they don't pull it tight and they're never all in their holes at the same time, resulting in bits of clip breaking off when I thump the card into place. It's a pita cos the next time I'm at home is Sun and I wanted to devote the day to replacing the final door lock in the sliding door.

Back