Dometic Smev 9222 washing up bowl

CAB

Leisuredrive Vivante
VIP Member
T6 Legend
3rd time lucky!

We wanted a collapsible bowl for our Dometic (SMEV) 9222 sink. A lot of research found us zilch in terms of guaranteed fit, so recording this here for anyone else who might look in future.
  • The standard ones you buy are too big (generally 38 x 27 cm)
  • We measured, and got a second bowl via Ebay from China (with extending arms which you can remove), but still a few cm too large. Nearly there, I was determined to find one that fitted!
  • THIS ONE FITS! Tspkey Collapsible Bowl. I found it on page 86 of 93 on Ebay's results for Collapsible Bowls.​
It is rather small, but then so is the sink. The tap presses down on the end slightly, but the lid closes OK. You can get them from Ebay or Amazon. Hope this helps :D

DSC_0980.JPG

Cheers, just bought one from Amazon £7.99 been trying to find a bowl to fit for ages.
Hope it will fit our sink as our design slightly different (stand alone with tap at top)

Reactions: CAB
Can you confirm dimensions of this? Been looking for one for ages too.

Very neat. I've had an Ortlieb bowl for years as part of my kayak camping kit, and it gets used in the van. I appreciate there's a significant price difference - Folding Bowl 10L

I've had this one for a while that I came across in the range... it fits OK and can be removed and extended another section to make it deeper for outside washing up... also collapses flat... 4.99 if I remember correctly from the range.. :thumbsup:

20200603_125542.jpg
20200603_125454.jpg

I've had this one for a while that I came across in the range... it fits OK and can be removed and extended another section to make it deeper for outside washing up... also collapses flat... 4.99 if I remember correctly from the range.. :thumbsup:

View attachment 72569
View attachment 72570
Hi @JasonW , do you have dimensions for it? For the max size of the rim and also the bowl when in use, if you see what I mean?
Ta
CAB.

I'm after a washing up basin for my Dometic MO 9722R sink, it looks a bit squarer than the 9222, any pointers appreciated.

Hi @JasonW , do you have dimensions for it? For the max size of the rim and also the bowl when in use, if you see what I mean?
Ta
CAB.

I will try and get some measurements, you'll have to bear with me though as I'm working until the weekend... :thumbsup:

2C23E94E-43F1-4234-9075-B60722F3D391.jpeg
Good call! Perfect fit. Many thanks for the suggestion, ~ a tenner that I had never even thought of spending! :slow rofl:

• Haha
@CAB My bowl when collapsed one layer and fitted in the sink has an opening of 6.75" x 10.0"

The bowl when fully opened up has an opening of 8" x 11" making it wider and deeper for outside washing up...

It also came with a lid that clips on so its third use is a storage container with lid.

20200606_181330.jpg

20200606_181451.jpg

20200606_181617.jpg

@CAB My bowl when collapsed one layer and fitted in the sink has an opening of 6.75" x 10.0"

The bowl when fully opened up has an opening of 8" x 11" making it wider and deeper for outside washing up...

It also came with a lid that clips on so its third use is a storage container with lid.

Where did you source your bowl from @JasonW ?

The Range @Wills - They had quite a few collapsible bits in the camping section....(before lockdown) This one was £4.99 :thumbsup:

If you're anywhere near Gloucestershire, my local camping store is Attwools on the A38 at Whitminster and they have got a couple of different ones that fit nicely. Both are under £2 as well.

Hi guys, sorry if this is a bit of a daft question, new owner here with a van with a Smev 9222 sink (yes its pretty small), was thinking of trying to source a washing up bowl to fit but just wondered if having found one that fits is it useful? or just in the way by making a small sink even smaller?

Hi guys, sorry if this is a bit of a daft question, new owner here with a van with a Smev 9222 sink (yes its pretty small), was thinking of trying to source a washing up bowl to fit but just wondered if having found one that fits is it useful? or just in the way by making a small sink even smaller?
We use ours more as a ‘tray’ for example had lunch in the awning take bowl to the table, fill it with all the dirty crocs and than carry straight into the sink for washing. Alternatively carry in bowl to sink but put to the side, transfer plates/cups into sink for washing and place back into bowl for drying.
As you say to use just as a bowl in the sink would just make it smaller.
Also if on a site with facilities use it to carry dirties to the wash rooms.
Also handy for cooling small dog in heatwave - sometimes you have to multi task!

Back