Dometic PW 1100 awning fitting

68martin68

T6 Guru
Anyone fitted a roll out awning by Dometic or any other brand? Planning to tackle mine tomorrow and the instructions are pretty pants!

No but I'm in the market for one, prefer Dometic, there's not much info out there, did you buy with dometic brackets or source them elsewhere?

I just bought a PW1000, did you fit yours Martin (or anybody else)?

Any tips to pass on?

Did you use a combination of screws and sikaflex?

Existing screws or self drilling as I'd prefer to limit drilling new holes where avoidable

Cheers for any help

Hello mate,

Apologise for not replying to your previous post, I didn't see it for some reason.

I did fit mine in the end, using the provided screws and sikaflex.

All pretty straight forward, although I did drill new holes (twitchy bum moment!) I find it strange/annoying that they don't use the existing mounting points on the roof rails, but obviously the brackets need to line up with the holes in the awning unit to secure it to the bracket, so it is what it is.

The sikaflex stuff creates such a good seal that I'm not really worried about leaks. At worst in a few years ill have to take it off and re-do the seal, but I can't see that happening for a good while.

No worries, that's great thanks, do you have a pop top at all, just want to check it's not going to interfere with my Austops

Hi, we use REIMO rails, Adaptor brackets and Dometic Awnings. It all works fine and very strong

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back