Dodo Thermo Van Liner Vs Van Liner Extreme

Davidh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Looking to get some insulation for my van and have read a lot about dodo thermo van liner. Question is I've seen theres the normal 7mm product or there is a 16mm extreme version. Is it worth it to go for the thicker version or am I better off with just the 7mm version? Thanks

Depends how much you want to spend.
I bought the Large LWB van extreme bundle, and a further box of silentcoat deadening to do the floor.
I managed to fit 1 layer of silentcoat and 2 layers of the thermal van liner extreme to most of the outer skin ( still need to do the front doors but have a roll left)
Also bought a roll of Diall recycled plastic bottle insulation to fill any voids that remained.
It's quiet and warm in there now.

Oh interesting, thanks! I was hoping if buying the extreme stuff i would maybe get away with 1 layer instead of possibly doubling up on the 7mm. Just wondered if there was much benefit as I couldn't really see any figures regarding insulation properties of each on their site. Is the extreme stuff too thick for any parts such as fitting behind some of the areas near the wheel arch? Will probably get some thermo fleece for the cavities

Rear wheel arch? I got a layer of silentcoat and 2 layers of extreme then filled what gaps were left in with the fleece.
The rear upper panels, I covered the 'windows' with silentcoat, then 1 layer of extreme, then covered both with a further 2nd layer of extreme.
beforerearpanel.jpg afterrearpanel.jpg

Oh right I see what you mean! Never realised you could fit so much over the 'windows' without it interfering with the ply going back on. Thanks

Back