Dodgy Ebay Transporters?

Rob.

Anyone else noticed loads of dodgy listings on Ebay lately? I've been spending a fair bit of time looking for a Transporter over the past few weeks, and I regularly see vans with too-good-to-be-true prices.

I've reported loads of them to Ebay

These are way too cheap, right?

And this one is just silly

The rocking campers Scotland one is only a few mile from me ,but to be honest the pictures taken of the vans haven't been taken in the address that is on there eBay page , looks more like a small airport on most pics and not the industrial estate ,and also the eBay member is also new so not sure about it if am honest

I’ve noticed a lot lately, really low prices with only 2 or 3 pictures, and one of the pictures is always text asking people to contact them outside of eBay. Obviously listed by the same person.

Unfortunately there every were ,at the time I was looking for a t6 ,if the sales post had me thinking about if it was legit then I just stayed away ,to much money to loose

I’ve noticed a lot lately, really low prices with only 2 or 3 pictures, and one of the pictures is always text asking people to contact them outside of eBay. Obviously listed by the same person.
Yeh, that's the one. Ebay obviously don't like emails in listings, so the ones I've reported tend to vanish after a couple of days. Shame there isn't a "report seller" button!

Some have good feedback, so assuming it means genuine accounts have been compromised?

If you look at sellers other listings they are usually several cars with their pictures all in different locations.

Bit of due diligence as always when buying. When buying from a forum always look at the posts made by the seller, as you might find something interesting. Google the registration.

On one of the Porsche forums I go on they have a post highlighting GT cars that have been badly damaged and repaired to hopefully prevent an unsuspecting enthusiast buying a sullied car!

Loads have popped up tonight.
Here’s just one example, a Transit advertised as a Transporter.

Something bizarre going on with that seller. Loads of vehicles for sale, many incorrectly described, and photos not matching the description.

Pete

Something bizarre going on with that seller. Loads of vehicles for sale, many incorrectly described, and photos not matching the description.

Pete
2988 listings - I bet that every single one is fraudulent. I can't believe that people are actually bidding on those listings as that account has no previous sales of vehicles, boats, bikes etc. The account has been hacked by the look of it.

Just looked on eBay and he’s put 14 in a row up.
4 Sprinters too.

Before I joined the forum I’ve reported dozens of these.. just a heads up that we have lots of ‘cheap’ transporters on eBay at the moment. I’ve hidden user account as not sure on privacy rules (0% feedback & flagged)

E2E2F378-1F7B-4FF0-96BB-54D765EDC1E4.jpeg

I’ve reported 5 hacked eBay accounts this week alone… all multiple super cheap vehicles all shot in different locations… scary

They're probably all listed by my insurance company's loss adjuster :rolleyes: - I've told them to go and find a comparable vehicle I can buy for the ridiculous amount they want me to settle on.

Reactions: DXX
Back