Do you plan on keeping your van?

I’ve always said my T6 was a keeper, but recently the unreliability has taken the shine right off it and it’s costing way too much to maintain for an old van.

Seriously tempted to get an Amarok for 12 months and then get my name down for a new Transit/Transporter when it finally gets released.

The van is literally skating on thin ice and if one more thing goes wrong with it then it’s history.

I’ve always said my T6 was a keeper, but recently the unreliability has taken the shine right off it and it’s costing way too much to maintain for an old van.

Seriously tempted to get an Amarok for 12 months and then get my name down for a new Transit/Transporter when it finally gets released.

The van is literally skating on thin ice and if one more thing goes wrong with it then it’s history.

I'm sorry your van is giving you problems, but as I read your last sentence it put me in mind of an old TV scene......

1693350241794.png

In 3 Years I moved from T5 to T6 and now driving T6.1. If it last 4/5 year without breaking I ll be happy. I ll be happy as well if I last 4/5 year without breaking. Children will be old enough to seat in the back of a 911 and I’ll get a trailer for work.

All depends whether I come into a large amount of money or not.
I'd really like a mwb 4x4 MAN/Crafter/Sprinter adventure type van.

I sold mine earlier this year as the going was good and they were selling like expensive hot cakes. Mine was my daily car with only me in it most of the time, so I didn't 'need' it.

I never had any intentions of sleeping in it, so would never have converted it. If we were to have something to camp in, having borrowed one recently, it would have to be a motorhome.

Reactions: CAB
All depends whether I come into a large amount of money or not.
I'd really like a mwb 4x4 MAN/Crafter/Sprinter adventure type van.
That is a good point as one of the things on my list if receive a MASSIVE windfall is a V10 AWD Transporter like the one Jo's Fab Lab created. I want it in a LWB shuttle and I want to have some fun on the Autobahn with the big boys :cool:

Its mad isnt it. My 2014 140k miles BiTDI is amazing, but I might get shot because of ULEZ... ffs

Im hoping mine will see me through untill there's more used E-vans available that don't cost more than I paid for my 1st house. Thinking another 2-3 years yet which would take my T6 to about 100k miles then move it on. I'm pretty sure it will be my last diesel van if it makes it that far.

Reactions: CAB
Mine will be going when I retire next year. It’s done a reasonable job but the unreliability means the service centre staff know me too well.

the question is what to replace it with ? Certainly don’t need anything as big and obviously petrol / more economical. I do like being higher than the average car

Im hoping mine will see me through untill there's more used E-vans available that don't cost more than I paid for my 1st house. Thinking another 2-3 years yet which would take my T6 to about 100k miles then move it on. I'm pretty sure it will be my last diesel van if it makes it that far.
My first house in the Worcester Republic was £43k. Pretty sure I would pay more than that for a newer 300 mile range buzzy type thing! Hopefully things will come down! I'd miss WG Grace! @Howzat (Hoping that is W G Grace) !

Bertie as we call him a 2016 102 remapped has 26k miles. I hardly use him but when I do we all enjoy him.
Would I sell him. Too right for the right price.
The Mrs will kill me. The kids will ensure I am dead. But for just a little while and I mean a little I would have some cash in my pocket. Of course only until I am dead as above or they notice the van missing and as always hand over the cash and have nothing. Lol

IMG_5085.jpeg

Last edited:
After a moment of greed when I sold my previous van for £5k more than I bought it for back in 2021, having instant regret and then spending almost a year looking for another one during the period when there were no new vans coming through and little choice used, I finally managed to get my current van in May 2022.

I love it and honestly don’t know what I would replace it with, so I am in absolutely no hurry to even give myself the chance of thinking about selling it.

Have no intention of getting rid of it.

CD3B78E6-8878-46CE-8925-8B097BE02BC9.jpeg

Had my 2018 T6 kombi for just over a year, used it twice for camping. 4 nights in total
The wife doesn’t want to drive it because of the size
So at the moment the jury is out

Don’t live anywhere near an actual or proposed ULEZ zone, and this van is my pride, joy and obsession. The family love it, and I plan to keep it until an electric version of the Transporter comes on the second hand market - so at least another 7 or 8 years.

I plan on keeping mine for 10+ years or untill it gives up the ghost, then ill happily pay for a full rebuild because it will still be alot cheaper than the 50k + that will be needed to replace it with an equivalent vehicle, or until they drive diesel users off the road making it unaffordable to drive

Back