Do you plan on keeping your van?

Im hoping mine will see me through untill there's more used E-vans available that don't cost more than I paid for my 1st house. Thinking another 2-3 years yet which would take my T6 to about 100k miles then move it on. I'm pretty sure it will be my last diesel van if it makes it that far.
That'll never happen to us unless new vans come down to close on what TfL are offering for the scrappage scheme!

A EV van is likely to be well over the 3500kg weight when equipped as a decent camper so will need a C1 licence to drive.

The usage on our T6 camper has changed over the years, less camping and fewer road trips as the kids are now too big for it without spillover tents etc! Still plan to keep it though, as it's a fantastic utility vehicle and when the kids start heading off to uni, we might get some more road trips out of it yet. We use a small EV for local driving which is amazing so I'd hope the T6 is the last combustion engine we'll own.

That'll never happen to us unless new vans come down to close on what TfL are offering for the scrappage scheme!

A EV van is likely to be well over the 3500kg weight when equipped as a decent camper so will need a C1 licence to drive.
That's one of the good bits of being older, we have C1 on the licence already!

100% going to keep it long term. Had it nearly 3 years now and it only feels like I've had it 5 mins! It does everything I ask of it and more. And its opened up a whole new world to us and got us back camping. Plus the whole scene around them is brilliant! Literally something for everyone!

That's one of the good bits of being older, we have C1 on the licence already!
But it needs renewing when you get to 70! That's why I'm hoping our LWB TGE will come out below the 3500kg mark.

And certainly not giving up on the Internal combustion engine, we've had 11 ice campers including the TGE during almost forty six years maybe that wii be our last, time will tell.

Had mine 4-5 months now and so wish it wasn’t black lol, spend more time cleaning it than driving it, will I keep it I’m not sure , I love the van but still working 5/6 day weeks I don’t get to go away in it and sometimes think , it’s a shame as someone would really use it for purpose, but then I get in it and have a blast around and think nah it’s mine all mine lol, only downside I’ve noticed is without the awning rails you get soaked getting in and out in the rain

Had mine for a bit over 5 years now, the last year or so the novelty has worn off a bit. If I were to get rid, it would be for the sake of change. It still does everything required of it, it’s all paid for and currently not going wrong. It’s our only vehicle, so if I moved up to a crafter I’d need a car too for daily use

The usage on our T6 camper has changed over the years, less camping and fewer road trips as the kids are now too big for it without spillover tents etc! Still plan to keep it though, as it's a fantastic utility vehicle and when the kids start heading off to uni, we might get some more road trips out of it yet. We use a small EV for local driving which is amazing so I'd hope the T6 is the last combustion engine we'll own.
we are similar. I am hoping one day I have room for a fun 67 Mustang though ;-)

Had mine 4 years now. I've done multiple trips through Europe and a trip in Scotland.
I've also used it lots when decorating my house, picking up furniture and moving larger items about which has been helpful. I use it as a daily driver and it still makes me smile.
I find myself looking at the T6.1 and the new Multivan. Maybe down the line I will upgrade or I will stick with the T6 platform until it's a classic!

Back