Discover Nav Traffic

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Just trying to get my head around the discover nav. worked out how to enter a postcode (!) but once I start the drive how can I:

- Get it to show traffic on my route and for it to suggest alternative routes to avoid it.

- With the route view, can it show it like a tomtom does for example? ie point of view 3d. I selected 3d and zoomed it in but is that as close as it goes?

- Can you set it not to display directions in the MFD? Kind of prefer to have my speed shown in that area.

Really want to try and like this system rather than having to use my tomtom! Thanks for any help!

Don't know about the others but on my gen6 you can change the display by pressing the right silver rocker button on the steering wheel to scroll through whatever you want it to display

Don't know about the others but on my gen6 you can change the display by pressing the right silver rocker button on the steering wheel to scroll through whatever you want it to display
Ah great yeah I think I've worked that one out now. Getting traffic to display on a planned route though is doing my head in!

Push the Traffic button to get a list of all problems and then filter to just show those on your route. Also, traffic problems show as red/orange lines alongside the route on the map view.

yeah thats thing, once i've pressed the traffic button it happily shows traffic thats miles away, but when I press route it shows nothing (and i know there's traffic on the route as check also via google maps).

yeah thats thing, once i've pressed the traffic button it happily shows traffic thats miles away, but when I press route it shows nothing (and i know there's traffic on the route as check also via google maps).
Ours seems to work, as does the dynamic route guidance to take you around problems. Not put the traffic route filter to the test though. So far it seems to reflect actual problems quite well.

Ours seems to work, as does the dynamic route guidance to take you around problems. Not put the traffic route filter to the test though. So far it seems to reflect actual problems quite well.
No worries I've only had the van 2 days so will try and work it all out, I've only had tomtoms in the past so a learning curve ahead!

I have traffic warning show on my dis.nav, it tells me and shows on screen even when i do not have a route planned. is this not what they all do? I do have a wifi vw carstick connected dont no if that makes a difference ?

Set your phone up as a hotspot and link to the van. Then in view (on the earlier models) select traffic, on the later models it comes up automatically. It will then do traffic, live off your phones internet. It will do it without but not as quick. You an select 3d and zoom in and out. And you just scroll right on the MFD to display other options.

HTH

I have traffic warning show on my dis.nav, it tells me and shows on screen even when i do not have a route planned. is this not what they all do? I do have a wifi vw carstick connected dont no if that makes a difference ?
I don't have a car stick and mine still works. Above the list of warnings on the top right of the display is a drop down where you can select All or Route - not tried it with no route planned though.

I don't have a car stick and mine still works. Above the list of warnings on the top right of the display is a drop down where you can select All or Route - not tried it with no route planned though.

Theirs two types of data as already mentioned, if you can get internet to the unit it gets much more detailed info, quicker etc and able to plan routes- when you press the traffic button your see a globe icon as in WWW. The other feed is through the radio signal - pretty basic really - jut the major routes etc- the icon for this is TMC.

Its easy to see if the units connected to the internet with the different icons at the touch of one button.

Theirs two types of data as already mentioned, if you can get internet to the unit it gets much more detailed info, quicker etc and able to plan routes- when you press the traffic button your see a globe icon as in WWW. The other feed is through the radio signal - pretty basic really - jut the major routes etc- the icon for this is TMC.

Its easy to see if the units connected to the internet with the different icons at the touch of one button.
Ah this makes sense as not had the van connected to the net via hotspot or wifi when trying to work things out. I'll try tomorrow and see if that sorts it. Thanks

Thanks - most of my driving is on motorways and A roads which is probably why mine seems to perform OK without internet connection.

Back