Discover media any good?

I had similar on my T5.1 and I wouldn't get it again, costs a few quid as well, I much prefer the apple car play option on my T6, maps are up to date etc

I may be removing my discovery media out of my van. It’s okay but aftermarket looks so much better.

The discovery media HU isn’t bad but I just use the CarPlay on it all the time now so a bit of a waste of money as it’s just a monitor really now.

Im getting the speakers upgraded shortly too so it won’t even be an amp.

The radio struggles to find and keep radio stations, although I believe this is mainly to do with the aerial so I don’t know if it’s better on an aftermarket if the aerial is the same (can’t be worse though!)

The sat nav displays on the instrument cluster, not sure if the aftermarket ones do that but google maps or Waze is much easier to program and follow

Apart from that its great ;)

Mine crashes a lot, no matter which cable I try, wireless with Car2Play or even just listening to the radio.

My Disco unit is being removed today and I can’t wait to have something more reliable in its place. :cool:

mine has started playing up, whats A recommended upgrade?
Hi .. We put a kenwood 9180dab in everything standard ..but worth a visit to quality audio installer for advice..but we soon learnt that Vw speakers aren’t the best

Anyone selling there 2020 Discover Media unit? and does it need to be coded in?

Which one looks better?
I am curious :whistle:
Haha I haven’t got round to it yet. I must admit I haven’t done half the things I had planned to this year. On the head unit point though I have seen your re-coded / re-engineed unit and must say it’s a lot better than what we get from the factory. I think you need to set up your own electrical wizardry shop @Robert ;)

I have my Van arriving soon and have Discover Media. Can anyone tell me if the phone is voice activated to make calls?

Back