Disabling Rear Wiper

davepage1

Hi. Would disconnecting the wire to the rear wiper cause any issues? I haven’t got VCDS but want to disable it completely as I have blacked out my rear window for security. Has anyone else disabled the wiper and if so how? I’d like to leave the arm on so it’s not obviously missing. Thanks

I’ve tried but occasionally I accidentally turn it on. I’ve a LWB and a bulkhead so you only know it’s on when the scraping over the dirt gets loud :( and I don’t want it to scratch the rear window.

You can't disable it with VCDS. Best thing to do is just unplug it and it won't show any errors.

Thanks @Littleblackflash thats what I was hoping to hear.
Just done mine. Took motor out. Also took wiper arm off and put bung/plug in its place. Looks factory standard
Just taped up the wires and kept the motor and arm just in case next owner wants it
Well pleased with it.

Last edited:
Just done mine. Took motor our. Also took wiper arm off and put bung/plug in its place. Looks factory standard
Just taped up the wires and kept the motor and arm just in case next owner wants it
Well pleased with it.

Was just going to say I did this with a Passat estate I had years ago when the motor stopped working. Looks good too.

Back