Disable tpms, carista ?

Is it possible to disable TPMS with Carista or do you need someone with vcds to do this
Also seen some odb plug ins to use as a way of disabling it
Assume they need to be constantly plugged in as a bypass though
Just asking as new 20” wheels coming and was told they don’t send out with the sensors as it sends the system haywire, ie it can’t handle it
So want to look at a way of clearing any potential dash errors

Your avatar shows a T6. Your van will have indirect TPMS. No sensors are required. You will get an error when you swap the wheels, just save the values in the TPMS menu and the fault will clear. Sensors, system going haywire and can’t handle it is BS

After I put the new wheels and tyres on, no tpms sensors in them.
I’ve stored the pressure as suggested but it keeps popping back up again not sure after how many miles or time but maybe once a week. Shows a as an orange icon showing flat tyre which obviously is incorrect
Is there anyway to stop it keep coming back does anyone know

It’s normal to get it once or twice after changing tyres or adjusting pressures etc, how many times have you had to reset it ?

Not sure, maybe 2 or 3 so far I think but not kept count
Happened tonight, guess I’ll have to keep my eye on it and see if happens again
Just thought it was something that’s going to keep coming back and become annoying
Just thinking, I’ve never checked the pressures they came already fitted and balanced so assumed correct
I’ll check them, what’s recommended psi, 20” on rated 104 tyres. Empty van, not camper

Last edited:
Back