Dilly - Camper build

Buggirl

DJ VdubRadio
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Right then, after much deliberation, I have decided that I am going to fully convert the Kombi Highline. I have sold the rear seats and Forth Winks Kombi bed and will be dropping these off to their new owners tomorrow.

So, I intend to put the whole of my build on here to hopefully help others and to show that this can be done by an armature!

I will be taking the bed and seats out today. I have already insulted the whole van and so all I am going to do is fit the units and rock and roll bed. I am going to go with Rusty Lee (a friend of mines) rock n roll bed as I think that these are the best on the market when it comes to ease of use! The units are being made by a company n Devon and will be customised by me when they get here. I have ordered the laminate that is going on the units to customise them and I am hoping that it will be a bit different and look as good as the picture I have in my head.

Rather than go the traditional route of fitting the Smev stuff for the hob, grill and sink, I am going to be utilising the camping Gaz unit that up until now I have always used outside of the van.

I will put some pics up later of the taking out of the bed and seats!

Looking forward to seeing your work @Buggirl, but I can’t believe you have “insulted” dilly. That’s not like you, thought you loved your van.;)

Right then, after much deliberation, I have decided that I am going to fully convert the Kombi Highline. I have sold the rear seats and Forth Winks Kombi bed and will be dropping these off to their new owners tomorrow.

So, I intend to put the whole of my build on here to hopefully help others and to show that this can be done by an armature!

I will be taking the bed and seats out today. I have already insulted the whole van and so all I am going to do is fit the units and rock and roll bed. I am going to go with Rusty Lee (a friend of mines) rock n roll bed as I think that these are the best on the market when it comes to ease of use! The units are being made by a company n Devon and will be customised by me when they get here. I have ordered the laminate that is going on the units to customise them and I am hoping that it will be a bit different and look as good as the picture I have in my head.

Rather than go the traditional route of fitting the Smev stuff for the hob, grill and sink, I am going to be utilising the camping Gaz unit that up until now I have always used outside of the van.

I will put some pics up later of the taking out of the bed and seats!
Also looking forward to seeing the build, my build is still in progress but it’s a Kombi camper with removable units as I wanted a versatile van

C5055590-570B-4997-9289-08E006B843FD.jpeg

4CC75595-FB5B-448D-9536-E1547EF120AF.jpeg

4CB0BF53-A023-4DEE-B507-61719BB8C56A.jpeg

C24AB80F-403D-441A-97CD-B8A52141CC7C.jpeg

Well sale of seats fell through tonight as can't get floor mounts out, so now reselling without. Got seat belts and seats out though.

I wondered how you were doing that considering you lived on a boat then saw the garden on your in-laws :thumbsup:

Back