Difficulty insuring camper as a sole vehicle

ShooglyStu

T6 Pro
Having completed my self-build VW camper, I sold my car and now I am finding it very difficult to get insurance for the van. The best quote so far is £1k (Comfort).
Has anyone else had this problem and what companies gave the best quotes?

Thanks

Think this is the new pricing area for Transporters based on my current quotes for a Kombi

Just keep ring around - it's the only way you'll get the best price for you particular circumstances.

Having completed my self-build VW camper, I sold my car and now I am finding it very difficult to get insurance for the van. The best quote so far is £1k (Comfort).

Thanks
A-Plan?

Thanks
Adrian Flux will insure anything! So I'm told!

A-plan insure mine as an only vehicle.

Eventually got insured by Alwyn Insurance through Lexham Insurance Consultants.
I hope they are legit, noticed Alwyn are registered in Gibraltar, anyone heard of them?

Reactions: CAB
Not heard of them, but wouldn't be put off by the Gibraltar registration - it's a common practice aimed at reducing taxation.

Went with A-Plan (now Howden) no worries insuring my camper as only vehicle although they did ask for a tracker to be installed. Think I paid around £520 back in April. Expecting that to go up to around £700 given other comments on the forum.

Back