Diesel heater - good quality at low price

I bought a Vevor, most likely Chinese. Whilst it is not of 'German?' quality, if it broke 4 times, it might still be cheaper than one of the brands mentioned above

I am having my garage lower the fuel tank and fit the pipe, and I am fitting the heater myself
Whilst I have nothing against Chinese stuff, I just think that they won’t be as quiet as the ‘premium’ brands.

Well have had to buy a replacement Chinese all in one heater as the fan was starting to sound very poorly. had this one 4 years and has ran for around 2,500hrs in the garage.
Has been great without fault until now. £110 well spent and hope the replacement lasts as long.
It's not worth the hassle to try and repair but will keep for spares.

Well stuck with the new heater for six days and the subtle high pitch from the fan was too much. So £10 on new bearings and 90mins later all sorted, out with the new and back in with the old one very quiet and toasty warm. will hang onto the new one for a while for spares.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
Well stuck with the new heater for six days and the subtle high pitch from the fan was too much. So £10 on new bearings and 90mins later all sorted, out with the new and back in with the old one very quiet and toasty warm. will hang onto the new one for a while for spares.
We have a Vent-Axia whole house ventilation/heat recovery system. It’s been running non-stop for 20 odd years. It started to rattle & vibrate, so I contacted Vent-Axia & they said that the unit was discontinued, but they did have some remaining spares on the shelf. 2 new fan/motor units were available for the princely sum of £295+vat+ delivery EACH!! Bugger that for a game of soldiers, an hour on the bench & £12 quids worth of SKF 6302 bearings & it was good as new. Good for another 20 years, which is more than I can say for me :rolleyes:

Same with my power shower, I didn't even bother with the manufacturer, stripped it down replaced the bearings for around £5 and it is as good as new ( had already replaced the brushes ). Chinese bearings tend to be very hit and miss as to noise so I stick to oem NMB which tend to be made in Singapore or Thailand for my heaters!

Same with my power shower, I didn't even bother with the manufacturer, stripped it down replaced the bearings for around £5 and it is as good as new ( had already replaced the brushes ). Chinese bearings tend to be very hit and miss as to noise so I stick to oem NMB which tend to be made in Singapore or Thailand for my heaters!
Maybe it’s an age thing or just the retired engineer in me, but I get immense satisfaction from repairing stuff for not a lot of money.

When I was around 5 my father had me straightening nails for re-use! In the '50's we made do and mended.

The firm I serve my time with made us whittle timber to make plugs as rawl plugs cost money, also had to sharpen stanley blades when blunt until they broke. The boss was a millionaire when I moved onto pastures new but did admire him.

Back