Diesel heater - good quality at low price

T6oldgits

I'm looking for a diesel heater but are concerned about the quality but can't afford the likes of webasto can anyone advise

Diy or professionally fitted? If you want a pro fit aftermarket job with same underfloor unit, driver door step air intake and b pillar outlet as fitted to a Cali .. you could try Kernow Conversions.

I bought a Vevor and haven't gotten round to fitting it. If my shuttle sells I'll be selling it on here.

Thanks for the reply Dave. I'm looking at the MV airo 2kw or planar just not sure and after some advice.

Diesel heaters are pretty simple things, a burner and a fan. You will need a separate leisure battery to start and run it, or you risk flattening the vehicle battery. I bough a cheap one as I figured for the cost of a Wabasto I could replace it 4-5 times before looking money.

Thanks for that autoterm planar are about £480 which is good for me but I have seen some on eBay that say they are planar but are £165 would you say these are fake imports

im a main autoterm dealer mate, they have now moved all production away from russia, that video is 2 years old :)
Thanks. They really need to update their website then. Do you have anything that shows this, as I am looking at heaters now. Autoterm would be at the top gf my list if nothing at all to do with Russia.

I'm looking at the cheaper diesel heaters to fit myself what prices are the second hand 2kw webastos

Thanks. They really need to update their website then. Do you have anything that shows this, as I am looking at heaters now. Autoterm would be at the top gf my list if nothing at all to do with Russia.
if your on facebook join the autoterm support page, or give Owen a ring from planar uk, :)

if your on facebook join the autoterm support page, or give Owen a ring from planar uk, :)
Thanks, do you know if the App remote can be used by connecting the module to the vans existing wifi or will another SIM card be needed?

Sorry to bring this thread back up but I have been agonising over buying an Autoterms. It seems there is strong evidence that they are Russian owned and hiding under a Latvian company guise. See here: Why we have withdrawn Autoterm heaters

From my own research, it seems they are still owned by ADVERS which seems to be a Russian company. I can't in good conscience buy that so it looks like Websato or Eberspacher. I have been asking around for prices and have been quoted 1100 to £1600 so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good installer with fair price?

Cheers, Neil

Sorry to bring this thread back up but I have been agonising over buying an Autoterms. It seems there is strong evidence that they are Russian owned and hiding under a Latvian company guise. See here: Why we have withdrawn Autoterm heaters

From my own research, it seems they are still owned by ADVERS which seems to be a Russian company. I can't in good conscience buy that so it looks like Websato or Eberspacher. I have been asking around for prices and have been quoted 1100 to £1600 so far. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good installer with fair price?

Cheers, Neil
I am struggling with the same issue at the moment. I realised they had moved to Latvia, I didn't realise that it is still Russian owned (although I did find it hard to believe that they had suddenly changed). So although I think its the best heater around at the moment that leaves me with Eberspacher (going to be a harder hit on the pocket). Have a look at Kirknall's website. I got my last one from there.

I bought a Vevor, most likely Chinese. Whilst it is not of 'German?' quality, if it broke 4 times, it might still be cheaper than one of the brands mentioned above

I am having my garage lower the fuel tank and fit the pipe, and I am fitting the heater myself

Back