Diesel Ban Bristol

Keepad

T6 Pro
Hi,

Anyone here have any updates on the approval from Bristol City council for a diesel ban in Bristol.

I know someone mentioned to me that Bath plan to follow suit but it would not effect euro 6 engines but that was not based on fact.

By rights the Euro 6 is LEZ compliant so should be clean enough for any city centre.

The Bristol story sounds like some toss pots personal vendetta as they're talking about banning private diesel cars from the city centre, not commercial vehicles and again no reference to Euro 6 compatability that you get with London. Makes you laugh that they're trying force commuters onto soot belching Euro 4 public transport.

Needs to be approved by Parliament before it can happen. Personally, I'd be surprised if it gets through.

I can’t see it happening any time soon if at all to be honest. Bearing in mind this is the same guy who wanted a music arena next to the train station!!!! Which also never happened

I only have choice of EU6 Diesels at home so will just stop going into Bristol (I live very close by) - instead I'll go out of town shopping or buy a 15 year cheapo petrol banger for a couple of hundred quid and use that - safe in the knowledge I am helping the environment! I wonder what odd's Paddy Power will give on this happening...

The problem is when the various councils demonising diesel get together and present the kick in the balls to the individual private motorist as perfectly reasonable, it wasn't so long back that Oxford was talking the same way despite their largest park and ride site at Pear Tree interchange doubling up as Britains largest semi permanent gypsy camp... "keep an eye on your car mister?"

These chuffin pretend eco warriors are just dividing the opposition by putting petrol against diesel users while they play for time and figure out how on earth they're going to be able to recharge the electric alternative.

Yep I would simply go spend my money elsewhere. There will only then be one reason why the town starts seeing a loss. That will hurt the council as there will be less shops and less council tax etc from them. Amazon has almost everything you could need nowadays.

Back