Found Devonport Wheels with Goodyear Tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

T6Paul

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
As per title, I'm after a set of 4 Devonport wheels with new / nearly new Goodyear Cargo Vector 2 tyres
Cash waiting, ideally near to Bristol or Gloucester areas unless willing to post

Hi, I have a set of these having just swapped them for some Wolfrace 20's. They're with the tyres you're after with plenty of tread. Three of the wheels are off a 66 plate van and one off a 2019 (VW swapped a 66 for a 19, as when they jet washed the wheels prior to collection, the paint came off one!). I've been debating whether to sell them but how much were you thinking?

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Phil

If you can confirm the tread depths in mm and the date of manufacture for the tyres it would help in deciding if they're suitable, also can you confirm if the wheels are unmarked with no repairs etc?

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

All four tyres are on circa 7-8mm tread and in very good condition. I don’t know the age of the tyres; I bought the 66 (Feb 17 registration) van in early July this year and took the wheels off within a month. The van was on 44,000 miles, so don’t know when these were put on.

As I mentioned, one wheel was off a 2019 plate van. In total, two of the wheels are in excellent condition. One has a small bit of kerbing about 1” long (pic attached) and the forth wheel does have some scuffs on the spokes. Hope this helps...

18DB7FCE-E93D-4E17-8FFE-DC7AB8583EAA.jpeg

D6D9E5FC-9631-456C-906D-BCA246AEB11A.jpeg

B3598FC0-474B-467B-99FA-93F5045047EF.jpeg

3AE93F64-DF1C-422E-92DF-64B630CC861A.jpeg

4EDA75A0-AAEF-46E8-8240-2625CF6B8A39.jpeg

05B778D9-FE1F-473C-BF3F-61F9AC4783B4.jpeg

Thanks for the photos, unfortunately the wheels are too damaged for me to use as they are and I don't want to have to get them refurbished. Unless you want to sell them very cheap they probably aren't for me.

Thanks Paul

Hi Paul are these any good? For Sale - Davonport 17 inch wheels with new tyres £600
Sorry about the link you'll have to cut and past into the top bar bar as I am not sure how to link a post. The wheels are in good condition (one scuff on one wheel - see photo) but 2 of the tyres are Good year, 2 are GT max miller pros. The tyres were fitted brand new 3 weeks when I bought a quality assured t6. They travelled 400miles up the M6 and then the wheels and tyres were removed from the vehicle so I could fit my 18 inch sportlines. I am in Cumbria but happy to talk postage and price.

Hi, I’ve got a set as I’ve just put 19s on my van. They are off a 19 plate van and have done 12k miles. No marks at all.
I’ll have to check the tyres though as I think they are continental.

It might be easier to just buy a set of Devonports either rims only or rims with worn tyres of any brand, then get the tyres of your choice fitted brand new, opens up your options on wheels and you then know you're running brand new rubber.

Hi , I am taking delivery of my factory build T6.1 end of the month. The first upgrade I am planning are 18 inch alloys in black. You are welcome to buy my brand new wheels. Based in Watford , Hertfordshire. But you will have to wait till the end of the month when my van arrives.

To avoid confusion I already have a set of near mint Devonports that will need the tyres replacing in the next few weeks.

I would like to purchase another mint set with the requested Goodyear tyres ready to go, if someone has a suitable set for sale I will buy them.

Thanks Paul

Hi , I am taking delivery of my factory build T6.1 end of the month. The first upgrade I am planning are 18 inch alloys in black. You are welcome to buy my brand new wheels. Based in Watford , Hertfordshire. But you will have to wait till the end of the month when my van arrives.
Sounds ideal, do you know what tyres are fitted?

Hi sorry i didn't realise you were after Devonports, Mine will be 16 Claytons -good year tyres. Still undecided whether I should upgrade to 18's as the ride is more important than the aesthetic look

Hi sorry i didn't realise you were after Devonports, Mine will be 16 Claytons -good year tyres. Still undecided whether I should upgrade to 18's as the ride is more important than the aesthetic look
Having tried 19, 18 and 17's I would stick to 17 or 18 for ride and handling, I currently like the 17's and the Goodyear all season is a fantastic tyre, now that I'm doing more miles. I would go 18 again but I don't like the Sportline wheels and the other VW offerings just miss the load rating for a T32. Good luck and be sure to post up some photos when your T6.1 arrives :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back