Devonport colour change & Tweaks

Love that wheel treatment, such an improvement! I'm running on Devonports and am not a million miles from you so a trip to Cleethorpes is on the cards now. You've spawned another imitator :D

Actually look a big improvement over standard ... which i have too
Been thinking of doing similar for a while as i can't decide on the right alloys / tyres for the T32 although I'm very close
Mines a 50mm drop so poss painted with spacers so there not so lost in the arches may look good

Just been into my local wheel refurbishing establishment and they have quoted £268 Inc vat and wheel balancing etc..

Last edited:
Like the wheels, do you mind me asking what wind deflectors you have?

The wheels went to CJ powder coating at Cleethorpes/Grimsby. They came highly recommended and they do all the referbs for the local Merc & BMW franchised dealers. So to strip back the existing; powder coat - oven - clear coat -over & spray the centres mat black £200 inc VAT. I had the tyres took off already; but they do a drive in service with a same day turn around, and you get to spend the day in sunny Cleethorpes having fish and chips whilst it's being Done. I did mask the VW centres up myself before the centres were sprayed mat black by them.
The wing mirror caps ( I bought 2 new ones from VW with the cut outs for lane change/blind spot, £23 each +VAT; piano black spray and 2K lacquer by a local body shop £25+VAT each.
These guys are just around the corner from me, and well recommended.

Clim-air, very pleased with them. We have a big dog cage in the back, so very handy for venting

I personally didnt like the screw on clip for base of deflector at the wing mirror, and also liked the idea of the Heko clips, pleased with choice so far.. have run Climair on other cars no probs either.. pays your money etc...

liking the black mirrors, thought it would be 100% black for Piano black :thumbsup:

I personally didnt like the screw on clip for base of deflector at the wing mirror, and also liked the idea of the Heko clips, pleased with choice so far.. have run Climair on other cars no probs either.. pays your money etc...

liking the black mirrors, thought it would be 100% black for Piano black :thumbsup:
Yep, it was 100% black & 2K Lacquer

Nearly impossible getting the top cover off without breaking some of the clips that either connect it to the body of mirror or the under side black surround.
I followed the very useful T6 Forum guide, but hey ho
Not sure I could put the old Mojave ones back on, even if I want to; without some silicon/panel adhesive.

These def look much better over standard, but the one main reason for changing the Devonports for me was how lost they are in the arches after lowering 50mm
so before i do change i want to give the colour change a go as i have the wheels so makes sense
Has anyone kept these wheels with a 50mm drop and added spacers at all?
If so help me chose the right ones pretty please :)

Last edited:
Back