Dent Removal

480bhp

204 DSG SWB T6
T6 Pro
Once my T6 arrives i've got a 2011 Caddy to move on.
The Caddy has approx 8 small dents from in the inside out (opposite of car park dent) these are all on the side panels and access is easy from both sides of the dent.
What is the going rate for dent removal, i need to decide if it's worth getting these sorted prior to selling or just leave them.

It's a work van so i'll be paying for it through the business, but there has to be a limit on the investment in a soon to be sold asset verses it's potential sale price either way.
It is also due to be serviced and mot'd next month along with possible new rear discs and pads all round, plus i'm deciding on if i should get the cam belt and water pump done too.

Having had a dent pushed on a previous vehicle, it was £50 per dent, but that included panel and trim removal and replacement. Its not just a case of twatting it with a hammer, it has to be done carefully obviously to avoid paint damage.

I'm a smart repairer by trade but I get my local dent devils to do any paintless dent removal for me. It's an absolute art to master and keeps the paint original.

Going rate is around £70+vat on the easier dents and gets less the more there is.

I recently paid £75 + vat for a largish dent/door scrape to be removed from mine
Really wish i took some before and after pics to show how amazing it was, i never expected the end result to be so perfect, cannot tell it was ever there !

Thanks Guy's
They're relatively small and most only show when the light reflects at a certain angle.
I'll make a few calls Monday and see what they can do, one less thing for people to worry about when viewing the van come sale time :)

I had one done too a couple of months ago. It's a black art. Watched the whole process. Final result was amazing.

Dents are fine but if they have a crease in the bottom, or for that matter top, then you wont get rid of that without filling and paining.

Last edited:
Just for future reference, this is my day job so if anyone needs advise etc before getting it done don't be afraid to ask!
Your right HHO, i see so many poor dent removals / drilling for access it makes me cringe so always better to look closely at before / after pics before you go ahead

Sorry i can't recommend anyone but maybe ask a local prestige car dealer for a recommendation, its a good place to start

I assume it comes down the skill and competence of the technician. VW Inchcape used a smart repairer to repair / repaint some minor imperfections on my car and it was total sh1te. Poor prep (Dust in the paint) and poor finish, due to the poor prep. After several attempts to resolve I gave up on them.

I assume it comes down the skill and competence of the technician. VW Inchcape used a smart repairer to repair / repaint some minor imperfections on my car and it was total sh1te. Poor prep (Dust in the paint) and poor finish, due to the poor prep. After several attempts to resolve I gave up on them.

Yes. Unfortunately there are some that believe one smart repairer is the same as all the others. Each are different even in a big franchise. They key is to find one with experience and cheapest isnt the best.

PDR today on side door due to a dickhead hitting it ,also had a dent removed from tailgate which was on the crease line, amazing results, I have to keep looking at it to find fault but I cant, credit to matt scott who runs dent wise removal whos based in trowbridge and covers Wiltshire, 07473444504 email www.dentwiseremoval.co.uk

Back