Decision time...

Deejossi

Hi everyone,

I need some opinions and visual help if you can?
It’s getting to crunch time where I need to make some final styling decisions on my Herman.

He’s being lowered by 30mm and I’ve decided to go with 18” alloys - he’s blackberry and so I’m drawn to a darker wheel as I think I’ll get some subtle carbon styling done with black sidebars. I’m aware though that there won’t be much contrast if I take this route and the ‘styling’ might get lost?!

Can you help a girl out by showing me your 18’s on dark vans pretty please?
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

I think black would look great and 18s are a sensible decision, use the search bar for team blackberry or check the media tab and you may get some inspiration.

I have blackberry and am going silver for the wheels. Just don't think all black wheels are attractive.

@Deejossi
The current trend(correct me if I'm wrong) is bronze or copper colour.

I think its a nice contrast compared to the 'norm'.

Hi everyone,

I need some opinions and visual help if you can?
It’s getting to crunch time where I need to make some final styling decisions on my Herman.

He’s being lowered by 30mm and I’ve decided to go with 18” alloys - he’s blackberry and so I’m drawn to a darker wheel as I think I’ll get some subtle carbon styling done with black sidebars. I’m aware though that there won’t be much contrast if I take this route and the ‘styling’ might get lost?!

Can you help a girl out by showing me your 18’s on dark vans pretty please?
Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Dark wheels on a light coloured van, bright wheels on a dark coloured van, (IMO) this works well, also I've always had B14@s on 20's, perfect ride and perfect look, each to their own though :)

I think styling is a very personal opinion thing. What looks great in one persons eye, can look awful in another. Guess that's where the saying 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder' came from.

I tend to spend months looking at different styles, but this isn't always possible on the T6 with images, so if I cannot find how a set of wheels will look against say a Black T6 like mine, I will normally Google image the actual wheel and the colour of the vehicle, then find something that looks similar, even if it's a car. You can normally tell if a certain wheel style and colour will suit a certain colour vehicle (granted, that format is not so easy on Blackberry, because not many cars are this colour)

If you look at mine, this has had a 30mm drop, but i'm currently on 19's. You can get an idea of what a dark colour looks like with Black wheels, and the polished fronts to break this up. Plus the Black bars, and all the Black detailing, but then this broken up with the Edition30 stripe. Personally I prefer subtle styling, rather than 'in your face' bling, but I know how hard it is to get to the point where you are happy with the look. (which even i'm not yet)

oyoyoy.jpg

Last edited:
i went satin black wheels along with satin black side bars on my Starlight blue van, really hppy with the looks but i think i wish i had gone gloss black wheels now, as easier to keep clean.
is very much a personal opinion thing tho....

i went satin black wheels along with satin black side bars on my Starlight blue van, really hppy with the looks but i think i wish i had gone gloss black wheels now, as easier to keep clean.
is very much a personal opinion thing tho....
Thanks, im going to be looking for some 18s soon, so will check out the black gloss.

I went for the contrast route - 18" and dropped 40mm on H&R's. I love the two tone gloss black and polished wheels, but the longer term maintenance implications ultimately dissuaded me.

18 Wheels 2.jpg 18 Wheels.jpg

I love the two tone gloss black and polished wheels, but the longer term maintenance implications ultimately dissuaded me.

I won't argue with you there... They are hell to keep on top of.
Plus imo and experience, regardless if you buy a set of high priced, or low priced wheels, they do not stand up to the winter in the UK, regardless what anyone tells you.

Saying that, aesthetics against practicality? Sorry, but it's always aesthetics for me.

Back