daytime running lights

tram

Engineer
T6 Pro
I suppose it is an EU directive. But I wish that it was possible to over-ride them. I have no problem with them on when actually moving, I like this. But when I am stationary with the engine running or not, I would like to be able to have the lights turned off.

I don't just use the van for travelling. Sometimes I am using it to sit in, and I may wish to open a window, but that means I have to have the lights on. Maybe I am watching foxes or birds. So I think there should be a light override.

They can be disabled in VCDS although that would make them permanently off, wouldnt be too hard to run a cable through to dash to interupt the supply to them and isolate them off although this may give a bulb out warning on the dash but again this warning could be cancelled via VCDS by turning off monitoring of the DRLs (mine was off by default!)

@Pauly this could be the solution to a few of my issues.

1, I also don't what them on due to having ones in the bumper.
2, this should also solve the issue with the DAB being unusable as the LED builds fitted in them casusing some sort of issue.

Just need to find someone fairly close now with VCD capabilities.

I'm sure there is an option to select or deselect DRL that you can activate in cluster?

I might be wrong

I'll check next week!

@t6dsg i am just outside of Derby. If you do know of any other way that would be great

Back