Dash Binnacle Change?

Sabre

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Has anyone changed out their low tech dash display for a proper one? How has it come out? Does the existing function stuff work and is it worth doing.
Not having the overall milage visible when driving and no oil temp is driving me nuts.
Hazzydays can do a full swap out but it's pricey and apparently the immobiliser is in there. Didn't think I had one!

We talking about the full colour dIS ?

Or something else?

What dash you got, got a pic?

Full Colour HighLine Driver Information System - Supply and Fit

FYI . . . All T6 have a factory imobilizer that reads the key fob chip using a rf ring around the ignition lock.... one main part of the system is stored in a chip in the dash clock pcb.

Those fancy new full colour LCD dashes require you to strip down your clock and put your pcb in the LCD unit for that reason.

Cheers @Dellmassive that makes sense. Hazzydays said that the original clock has to be returned to VW in exchange for the new one.
This is my dash...
IMG_20180602_121645.jpg
I can get either the standard Highline one or the full colour one. But without the navigation and other stuff in not seeing the point of the full colour one, even though it would be cool.
My issue is no temp gauge, and when running you can't see the overall milage. Quite annoying.

Oh,ok.

What about Tourque App on your phone?

App is free and works with most bluetooth adapters, including carista......

Much cheaper.... that will get you going for now until you work out what to do.

Screenshot_20191024-090817_Torque.jpg Screenshot_20191024-090825_Torque.jpg Screenshot_20191024-090900_Torque.jpg Screenshot_20191024-090842_Torque.jpg

That was one consideration mate, but that app resets itself every week and had to be re-built so I got hacked off with it.
Got carista now but not had time to set it up yet so will have a look.
A decent dash would be cool though, then maybe a golf 7 steering wheel

i think a paid a few quid for the torque PRO version . . . . never had an issue with it (android)

did you see this? . . . . . .

Digital Dash

Ha ha! That might be a little OTT mate, but no, I missed that. As I don't have a Highline or sportline van I think there would be a lot of empty spaces where the missing functionality should be so would be a bad move.
Might look at torque pro app again tho.

Back