Custom Wheel Boxes Nearly Done.

T6 Guru
Got a bit of time to get a step closer to finishing the interior of my kombi.

Wheel arch boxes are constructed and speakers fitted.

This evening I have made the top mounting supports and bonded them to the wheel arch as well as bonding the lower box fixing ply rail to the sides of the wheel arch.

Next step is to carpet the boxes inside and out and fit power sockets in the front and rear.

20180606_200715.jpg 20180606_200655.jpg

Looking interesting, look forward to seeing the finished product

Reactions: .50
When you available to do mine ;):)
Looks great bet it sounds even better:thumbsup:

Look brilliant these, ideal extra storage in a bit of a useless space otherwise :thumbsup:

Could not get my head around what you were doing in the first photo till I realised I was looking at two Half's. You did a really neat job there look out for some orders

Oh yeah, I see how it could of looked a bit odd in the first pictures.

I laid the boxes face down while I bonded on the ply fixing runners to the side of the wheel arches, so you pretty much just see the inside of the boxes in the first photo.

Thanks for the compliment.

I dont think it would be viable to supply these as they take a fair while to complete.
Cheers.

Thanks for the compliment.

I dont think it would be viable to supply these as they take a fair while to complete.
Cheers.

fair comment . . . .

what about a build list? with a diagram and dimensions of the pieces on how to build it DIY style?

that way people could build their own version of your ingenious storage solution.

just an idea. =]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there.
I genuinely can't remember exactly, but I know the front of the boxes were screwed via a bracket just below the seat belt mechanism inside the box behind the forward facing speaker. And I think some sort of long machine screw through the back somewhere into a nursery.

I'll double check for you.

Cheers Del

Back